My Grilled Cauliflower Steak recipe is a tasty vegetarian treat on the grill! The green goddess sauce makes it a total crowd pleaser.
Hello dear reader!
My brain has been in holiday mode all week. It seems like everybody is on some sort of vacation this week and my mind clearly wants to be there too! Luckily I got wandering mind in check enough to make dinner and therefore get a post for you guys!
Have you tried grilled cauliflower steaks before?
They are surprisingly good! Even the real steak loving hubs really liked them.
This green goddess sauce may not look the fanciest, but it is soooo tasty and really makes the grilled cauliflower steak special.
To make grilled cauliflower steak, I start with one big head of the veggie.
Next, slice it in half. Cut two large “steaks” off each side. I got two big ones out of each head and saved all the extra florets for another recipe.
I seasoned them simply so the sauce would shine.
Next I throw it on the grill and don’t move them until it is time to flip.
That’s how I get the pretty grill marks!
Serve the cauliflower steak alone, with the green goddess sauce on the side…
… or drizzle the sauce on the top.
Either way it is one tasty way to eat your vegetables! And it gives you another grilling option for vegetarians.
- 4 Cauliflower steaks cut from 2 heads of cauliflower, per visual above
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic 2 cloves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the sauce by putting all the ingredients in a blender, chopper or food processor. Mix well.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill cauliflower over medium heat 5-7 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with the sauce!
Don't move the cauliflower once you put it on grill to get the grill marks.
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow because I’m sharing an update on how my garden is doing this year.
Have you ever grilled cauliflower?
What is the most unique thing you have ever grilled?