Don’t let potatoes have all the fun! Try my Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe!
Happy Thursday friends!
How are we closing in on November already? In all of the fall pumpkin madness, I think I neglected to mention that I’m hosting Thanksgiving again this year. I am thrilled! (Check out Thanksgiving at my house in 2013 and 2014) The Thankful tree will be making an appearance again!
It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy doing it and it is really starting to feel like a family tradition.
Anyone else hosting this year? Last year I wrote this post on How to Host Thanksgiving. Whether is is your first or tenth time… there are some great planning ideas in it.
I know we’re not quite even to Halloween yet, but I’m going to start sharing some dishes that are perfect for Thanksgiving in the coming weeks. One of my biggest tips is to start planning early and honestly I’ve already started the process.
So… you might be wondering about these delicious Parmesan topped, baked garlic mashed cauliflower?
They are a great carb-free swap from standard mashed potatoes, or just a great way to get in more veggie goodness. Whether they show up on your every day dinner table or your Thanksgiving table, I know you will love them.
Consider this suggestion number one for the big day!
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut in florets
- 2 cloves garlic not minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower and garlic for 10-12 minutes until fork tender.
- Put the steamed cauliflower, garlic, milk, Greek yogurt, half the Parmesan, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture in a oven friendly casserole dish and top with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the top browns.
Most of the cooking time is hands off oven time.
Want traditional mashed potatoes? Try my Crock Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes! I make these every year for our Thanksgiving!
As always, thank you for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Fashion Friday showcasing fringe booties.
I’m Thinking Out Loud about Thanksgiving planning. Thanks for the link up Amanda.
I’m sharing this recipe roundup for Foodie Friday, Meatless Monday with Tina and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and the Weekend Potluck. Also Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen,FoodFriDIY, Delicious Dish Tuesday and What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Have you ever hosted Thanksgiving?
Potatoes or cauliflower?