Don’t let potatoes have all the fun! Try my Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe!
Happy Thursday friends!
How are we closing in on November already? In all of the fall pumpkin madness, I think I neglected to mention that I’m hosting Thanksgiving again this year. I am thrilled! (Check out Thanksgiving at my house in 2013 and 2014) The Thankful tree will be making an appearance again!
It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy doing it and it is really starting to feel like a family tradition. I even have some family favorites now like my Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe.
Here’s why you should try my Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe…
Anyone else hosting this year? Last year I wrote this post on How to Host Thanksgiving. Whether it is your first or tenth time… there are some great planning ideas in it.
I know we’re not quite even to Halloween yet, but I’m going to start sharing some dishes that are perfect for Thanksgiving in the coming weeks. One of my biggest tips is to start planning early and honestly, I’ve already started the process.
So… you might be wondering about this delicious parmesan topped, baked garlic mashed cauliflower? This Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe is so easy and tastes incredible. It could not be easier to make with only 5 ingredients!
Cauliflower is a great carb-free swap from standard mashed potatoes or just a great way to get in more veggie goodness. I love carbs and eat them daily BUT I also love to mix it up in the kitchen so I still love to eat these.
Whether this Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe shows up on your everyday dinner table or your Thanksgiving table, I know you will love them. I think the best part about this dish is you make the mash THEN pop it under the broiler to get a nice and browned crust. The extra step makes ALL the difference.
Consider this suggestion for a Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe my number one for the big day! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Pin for later!
Love cauliflower? Also try…
- Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- Parmesan Ranch Roasted Cauliflower
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower
Want traditional mashed potatoes? Try my Crock Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes! I make these every year for our Thanksgiving!
Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 2 cloves garlic, not minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower and garlic for 10-12 minutes until fork tender.
- Put the steamed cauliflower, garlic, milk, Greek yogurt, half the Parmesan, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture in an oven friendly casserole dish and top with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the top browns.
Have you ever hosted Thanksgiving?
Potatoes or cauliflower?