You’ll never miss the potatoes in my delicious Crock Pot Cauliflower Cheddar Soup!
Cauliflower is such a fun sub for potatoes. It’s such a tricky vegetable that when you cook it right, it can totally fool you. Remember my 5 Ingredient Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower? <— match made in carb-free heaven!
I’m personally not against eating carbs (in fact, I need some carbs or I get hangry!), but I know many people who maintain their weight better while avoiding them. My Dad tops that list.
Whether you are a carbohydrate eater or not, this soup subs healthy cauliflower for potatoes in totally healthy version of classic Potato Cheddar Soup.
And of course, I’m going to make your life easier by popping the whole thing in a Crock Pot.
Total cheesy perfection!
I added some celery and carrots to the dish to pop the flavor and nutrient profile even further. It’s all blended together after it’s cooked, so you can’t even tell!
The finished product is totally crave worthy and a new favorite in my house.
Pin for later!
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Optional garnish: Fresh snipped chives and additional shredded cheddar
- Put the vegetable broth, cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves, oregano, garlic and thyme in a Crock Pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn off heat and blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, blend in small batches in a stand up blender.
- Blend in the Greek Yogurt and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar until melted.
- Serve with snipped chives and additional cheddar.
Great to see you today! Tomorrow I’m sharing a new hiking adventure… and this one involves sharp lava!
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah & Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Do you eat or avoid carbs?
How is your week going?