This easy Crock Pot Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. Inspired by broccoli cheddar soup and potato soup, this soup is delicious, but healthy comfort food!
Cauliflower is such a fun sub for potatoes. It’s such a tricky vegetable that when you cook it right, it can totally fool you. Remember my 5 Ingredient Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower? <— match made in carb-free heaven!
I’m personally not against eating carbs (in fact, I need some carbs or I get hangry!), but I know many people who maintain their weight better while avoiding them. My Dad tops that list.
Whether you are a carbohydrate eater or not, this soup subs healthy cauliflower for potatoes in totally healthy version of classic Potato Cheddar Soup.
And of course, I’m going to make your life easier by popping the whole thing in a Crock Pot.
Total cheesy perfection!
I added some celery and carrots to the dish to pop the flavor and nutrient profile even further. It’s all blended together after it’s cooked, so you can’t even tell!
Ingredients in Crock Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Vegetable broth: Or chicken broth if not vegetarian.
- Cauliflower: You’ll want to chop the cauliflower into small pieces so it’s easier to blend.
- Onion: Adds the perfect bit of flavor to the soup.
- Carrots: Carrots increase the nutrient levels (and add flavor), but they are blended into the soup so you can’t even tell!
- Celery: Along with carrots, celery adds extra nutrients (and flavor!)
- Seasonings (bay leaves, oregano, thyme)
- Salt and pepper
- Greek yogurt: A healthy option for making the soup smooth and creamy.
- Milk: Milk also helps to make the soup smooth and creamy.
- Cheddar cheese: Adds a nice pop of cheesy flavor!
How to Make Crock Pot Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- Put the vegetable broth, cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves, oregano, garlic, and thyme in a Crock Pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are tender.
Turn off the heat and blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, blend in small batches in a stand up blender.
Blend in the Greek Yogurt and milk until smooth.
Stir in the cheddar until melted.
Serve with snipped chives and additional cheddar.
The finished product is totally crave-worthy and a new favorite in my house.
How do you thicken up cauliflower soup?
If you want your soup to be extra thick, you can always cut back on the amount of vegetable broth you add to the base.
Does cauliflower soup freeze well?
Yes, it does! Freeze it in freezer bags or airtight containers. When you want to use it, defrost it overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat the soup on the stove.
Also, try these delicious comfort food recipes…
- Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup
- Crockpot Tomato Basil Soup
- Award-Winning Vegetarian Chili
- Vegetarian Taco Soup
- Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup
- Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Patties
Crock Pot Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Optional garnish: Fresh snipped chives and additional shredded cheddar
- Put the vegetable broth, cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves, oregano, garlic and thyme in a Crock Pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn off heat and blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, blend in small batches in a stand up blender.
- Blend in the Greek Yogurt and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar until melted.
- Serve with snipped chives and additional cheddar.