My Easy Crock Pot Tomato Basil soup recipe will win your heart in any season!
Oh… this one is a doozy guys. So simple, so delicious. Soooo basilyyyyy….
My Easy Crock Pot Tomato Basil Soup is comforting on a cold winter day, yet delightfully tomato-y even in the middle of summer. Really this soup just might be the answer to all your problems.
I pulled the Crock Pot out yesterday to prepare this and it was like I reunited with an old friend. I really believe that Crock Pot is the perfect solution to dinner time drama. Just pull it out early in the day and throw all the goodness in a pot…
By the time you come home the house smells divine and your meal is almost complete. This Easy Crock Pot Tomato Basil soup recipe uses a little whirl of the immersion blender to finish it off.
If you don’t have an immersion blender a regular blender will work well too. Just blend in batches and be careful with the hot liquid.
This delightful soup takes like summer all year long.
Sweet, fresh, satisfying summer.
It tastes so much better than the can in your pantry, it’s ridiculous.
I even packed some extra vegetables in the soup for nutrients. Just don’t tell! It will be our little secret as you make and recreate this sweet summer taste all year long.
Serve alongside a salad or even a cheeeeesssyyyy grilled cheese.
- 3 28 oz cans whole tomatoes low sodium
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet onion
- 32 oz 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic 4 cloves
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves additional for garnish
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper white if you have it
- Parmesan Cheese shredded for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a large Crock Pot or slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- When finely chopped veggies are very soft and cooked through the soup is done
- Finish soup with an immersion blender or put in small batches in the regular blender
- Garnish with additional basil and parmesan
You can make the soup creamier by adding sour cream or plain Greek yogurt at the end as a garnish or blend in well with entire batch. This makes a big batch and freezes well.
Like it? Pin this to your favorite Pinterest Board to find later!
Thanks for stopping by today! For more great Crock Pot recipes, including vegetarian ones, stop by my Crock Pot Recipes page!
What is your favorite kind of soup?
Mine is tomato 🙂