This Grilled Vegetable Goat Cheese Sandwich is a hearty meal that vegetarians and meat eaters alike will enjoy! The finishing touch is a homemade herbed goat cheese that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Hello friends! Happy Thursday.
My Grilled Vegetable Goat Cheese Sandwich will knock your socks off! Just look at all that yummmmmmminnnnesssss!
How to Make a Grilled Vegetable Goat Cheese Sandwich
There are a couple secrets to taking this classic grilled vegetable sandwich up a notch. First is the fresh herbs in the goat cheese. It is a simple step but the homemade herbed goat cheese is like nothing else.
Hand me ALL THE CHEESE, please!
To prep the grilled vegetables, I brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
I then heat up the grill to medium and spread all the veggies out. Actually the Hubs does that. 🙂
That's the hubs at work!--->
The second secret for this sandwich is not moving the veggies after you put them on the grill until it is time to flip. Not moving the vegetables gives you these pretty grill marks! And call me crazy, but I think pretty food tastes better.
Finally, stack the sandwich high!
I might have gotten a little overzealous with my slices of bread here. I was going for dramatic effect. Feel free to slice yours normal size 🙂
The result is absolute Grilled Vegetable Goat Cheese Sandwich perfection.
It's a hearty meal and that both the hubs and I really enjoyed!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. I'm heading to the Hammock Coast today... so we sure to follow along in my stories.
Love vegetarian grilling? Also try...
- Grilled Sweet Potato Slices
- Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl
- Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
Grilled Vegetable Goat Cheese Sandwich with Herbed Goat Cheese
For the herb goat cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese, removed from fridge and allowed to soften
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
For the sandwhich
- 8 thick slices of whole grain bread
- 6 ounces Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 big red bell pepper, sliced into large pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into squares the size of the bread
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup baby spinach
- Mix all ingredients for the goat cheese. This can be done ahead of time or just before you make the sandwiches.
- Lay the vegetables out on a cookie sheet and brush them with the olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place vegetables on grill and don’t move them. Flip them after 2-3 minutes. The mushrooms and zucchini should be done in 4-5 minutes. The bell pepper should be done in 5-7 minutes. You want the vegetables to be tender, but not soggy.
- Stack the sandwich! Start with the baby spinach, then add the vegetables. Spread the goat cheese over the top piece of bread and add it to the top.
What are you doing to the 4th of July?
The hubs and I are going to a cookout one night and having our own low key one at home another night. The rest we still have to figure out.