Thinly sliced hearty sweet potatoes are roasted to create this guilt free fall snack, Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips!
Hello beautiful readers!
With football season upon us, it’s time to talk about some healthy snacks. I’m not much of a snacker, but when I’m watching a game I love something munch-y. We are Steelers and Gators fans in my house and win or lose football is always a pleasant and fun part of our fall.
My favorite thing to make when we watch a game is my Vegetarian Nachos, but I have to admit I’ve been in search of a less processed alternative to add to the mix.
After some trial and error (several rounds of BURNT chips!,) I’m thrilled with these homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips and am ready to add them to our football food rotation.
It takes a little time and love to make these babies, but they are truly a guilt free snack!
You start by thinly slicing the oven baked sweet potato chips with the mandolin.
Lightly coat the potato slices with olive oil and a dash of sea salt.
They slowly roast in the oven until they are dry and crispy!
The end result is something that is actually completely healthy and absolutely delicious!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut 1/8 inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toss sweet potato in the sea salt and olive oil. Use just enough olive oil to coat them, without drowning them.
- Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes, rotating racks and flipping the chips once.
- Watch carefully because oven's vary. You just want to roast the moisture out of them!
- Allow to cool and continue to crisp for 10 minutes before eating.
Need more game day snacks? Try my 15 Healthy Game Day Snacks
Do you watch football?
What are your favorite snacks?