My Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad is packed with protein and perfectly grilled veggies!
When the weather heats up it is so nice to make a quick meal that doesn’t involve the oven. Grilling is simple, delicious and perfect for this time of year. If you are looking for a quick and easy vegetarian grilling idea to mix up your meal plan, you’ve got to try my Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad. Believe it or not, this meal comes together in less than 15 minutes AND the colors alone make it totally swoon-worthy.
It’s also gluten-free, clean eating and I included a vegan substitute for the honey… if that’s how you roll.
Why you’ve love my Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad…
You do have to fire up one stove top burner to cook the quinoa, but other than that this quick and simple recipe is made on the grill. I like to make the quinoa in the morning or the day before so I have it all ready. It makes this meal a 15-minute wonder!
The quinoa is perfect in this plant-based meal because it has so many nutrients and even protein.
It’s time to spend some time outdoors, friends.
The veggie combination I used is fresh summer squash, zucchini, and red pepper. I like this color combination but feel free to use any vegetables you get fresh this year. You could easily add onion, mushrooms or even eggplant to your grilling pan.
The dressing has a light balsamic flavor with a touch of lemon and honey. To finish off the dish I added some fresh lime basil from my garden, but once again use what you have.
My Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad is perfect for a light dinner and even more fantastic for lunch the next day. You just might find yourself adding it to your summer meal rotation. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Honey Balsamic Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 squash, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey *
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, coat all the vegetables with the olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Pour into a grilling pan.
- Grill vegetables over medium heat for 12-15 minutes. You want them to be tender, but still be somewhat crisp and not soggy.
- Whisk the balsamic, honey and lemon together. Mix the dressing with the cooked quinoa and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the grilled vegetables.
- Serve hot or cold. Refrigerates well.
Want more grilled vegetable recipes?
- The Best Grilled Vegetables with Whipped Garlic Feta Dip
- Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Herb Goat Cheese
Like my Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad? Pin this to your favorite board!
Thanks for stopping by today! I’ll be back tomorrow with some of my favorite products to keep your smile white.
What is your favorite thing to grill?
I adore these Shrimp Burgers with Mango Salsa. The hubs and I have been making them for years!