My Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe just might be your new go-to summer meal.
For me summer is all about fast, healthy and light meals. I love finding new ways to use lots of fresh veggies, especially from the garden this time of year. This Healthy & Colorful Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe is packed with fresh crisp veggies, protein and vitamin rich quinoa and easy store bought hummus. It’s then topped with fresh lemon, salty feta and a homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing. The flavors are simple but when they come together it is one really fabulous meal.
Here’s how to make my Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe…
The only hard parts about his recipe are cooking the quinoa and making the Lemon Tahini Dressing.
You can cut your prep time by making the quinoa ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge. For extra flavor I like to cook the quinoa in vegetable broth instead of water… but even if you just have water there is lots of flavor here.
The Lemon Tahini Dressing is a fridge staple in my world. This simple dressing goes with so much — Roasted Broccoli Pasta Bowl, Salmon & Kale Salad & Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl just to name a few! I love keeping a batch in the fridge to use with salads, bowls and roasted veggies all week.
The rest of this Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe is basically just assembly. I start with a base of quinoa and spinach. I then add sweet tomatoes, crisp cucumbers and purple onion to bring more color. The final touch is a dollop of your favorite store bought hummus.
The tahini dressing and extra lemon is mandatory… the feta is optional. If you are dairy-free or vegan you can easily leave it off.
Either way this summer meal could not be easier or tastier! I promise these simple flavors will totally knock your socks off and make you a fan of simple bowl dinners.
Give my Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe and let me know what you think….
Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons feta **
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon tahini dressing *
- Cook the quinoa in salted water or broth according to package instructions. After it's cooked season the quinoa with additional salt, pepper and half the lemon juice. Reserve the other half of the lemon for garnish.
- Assemble the bowl by putting the quinoa and spinach on the bottom of the bowl as a base. Then add the cucumbers, tomatoes and sliced red onions. Add the hummus and lemon. Drizzle with the lemon tahini dressing!
Like my ? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
What kind of food do you like to eat in the summer?