Looking for a fast and easy weekday meal? Try my Roasted Broccoli Pasta recipe!
As much as I like to create elaborate meals, the ones that stick are the simplest ones. Easy Black Beans and Rice, Kale Pasta, 4 Ingredient Salmon and Homemade Vegetable Soup are just some of the ones that make a repeat performance on my dinner table. The Hubs often doesn’t get home from work until 6:30 or later so I like to have something fast and easy for weekday meals.
This simple pasta dish is another one I make frequently. It’s nothing fancy, but it all works so well together. Plus my Roasted Broccoli Pasta gets lots of added health benefits from a few sneaky additions.
The heart of this recipe is simple, garlicky roasted broccoli. If you haven’t tried broccoli this way yet, you are seriously missing out. Roasted brings out the flavor and makes it totally addictive.
Pop it in the oven on a foil lined baking sheet so you’ll have no cleanup.
The way I make this pasta dish a bit better for you is to choose a nice whole grain or protein pasta. I also mix chickpeas in with the pasta to get some additional whole food, plant-based protein in the meal.
Next I keep the portion in check and fill half the bowl with a heaping serving of that delightful roasted broccoli. Because it really does steal the show.
The tomatoes are a perfect addition this time of year and lots of pretty color.
The sauce or dressing is my simple 4 ingredient Lemon Tahini Dressing. It compliments the flavors so well and makes it more interesting than your standard tomato sauce. Plus it keeps the recipe vegan.
If you haven’t tried this stuff yet, you must. It’s great on salads or my Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl. To keep your dinner prep time down make a batch on Sunday to enjoy all week.
I hope you enjoy my Roasted Broccoli Pasta recipe! The next time you are in a dinner pinch give it a try. As always, I’d love to hear what you think.
Roasted Broccoli Pasta with Tahini Sauce
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups short pasta, corkscrew, bowtie, elbow
- 1/4-1/2 cup lemon tahini dressing ***
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven t0 425 degrees and start a pot of boiling water.
- Toss the broccoli in the olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper (start with 1/4 teaspoon each.)
- Roast the broccoli on a foil lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, cook the pasta according to box instructions. Check it a minute before time to get it al dente.
- Once the pasta and broccoli are done, mix the pasta and tomatoes together. Coat the pasta with half of the tahini sauce. Stack the broccoli on one side of the bowl and drizzle with the other half.
Yum! Roasted Broccoli Pasta w/ chickpeas & tahini dressing from Running in a Skirt #vegan #healthy #recipe Click To Tweet
Like this Roasted Broccoli Pasta recipe? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
And here’s the recipe for the Lemon Tahini Dressing…
Also try 4 Ingredient Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli…
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m celebrating 5 years of blogging.
What meal do you make often?
Have you had roasted broccoli?