My Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe is the perfect summer meal!
Did you catch Tuesday's post about my new Homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing recipe? It's such a delicious topping for salads, grain bowls or buddha bowls like my Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe!
This recipe is the quintessential summer vegetarian / vegan meal featuring all those easy to find, pretty summer veggies like squash, zucchini and peppers. I also threw in some crunchy purple cabbage for texture and to complete the rainbow of food.
For the picture I used brown rice (which is husband friendly in my world,) but you can sub any grain like quinoa, farro, wheatberries or bulgur depending on your crowd.
To round out the meal I added chickpeas and nice dollop of hummus. Feel free to add whatever fresh herbs you have in the summer too. I personally can't get enough fresh basil this time of year.
The secret sauce to my Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe is really that homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing though. It's nothing short of dreamy.
If you haven't tried it yet... you MUST.
The end result is summer in a bowl and a well rounded vegetarian AND vegan meal that will quickly become a staple in your house.
I hope you enjoy my Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe as much as I do. As always I'd love to hear what you think.
Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- ½ small red bell pepper, sliced into 1 inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup purple cabbage, sliced
- 2-4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 recipe Lemon Tahini Dressing ***
- garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Heat grill to medium.
- Coat each side of the zucchini, squash and pepper with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill 3-5 minutes on each side until the vegetables are tender.
- To assemble the buddha bowl, start with your rice or quinoa. Arrange the grilled vegetables around the bowl. Add the purple cabbage to the vegetables. In the middle add the chickpeas and hummus.
- Sprinkle with the lemon tahini dressing and fresh basil leaves!
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
And here's that dressing recipe...Summer in a bowl! Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl with lemon tahini dressing from Running in a Skirt! Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing a cute tropical print romper for Fashion Friday.
What are your favorite summer veggies?
I’m linking up my Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl recipe with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!