My Kale Pasta recipe is a personal favorite that I make over and over again. This vegetarian dinner is delicious and lets just a couple of good ingredients shine like kale, pasta, lemon, and greek yogurt. There is a vegan option included in the recipe too.
I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes…. my Kale Pasta recipe! I created this during an ice storm a few years ago when my fridge was nearly bare and I couldn’t make it to the store. I somehow ended up with kale, pasta, lemon, and greek yogurt in the fridge and pantry and came up with this. Over time I’ve tweaked it and it’s now on regular rotation in the Wunder household. It’s one of my personal favorite recipes that I always look forward to eating.
Kale Pasta recipe
This Kale Pasta recipe is simple, beautiful, and tasty! It’s the best of health and comfort food rolled up in a bowl of carb-y goodness.
The highlights of this Kale Pasta recipe are kale, high-quality pasta, parsley, lemon, and parmesan! I’ve started even stirring a big scoop of Greek yogurt into it at the end to make it creamy.
However, you could easily make this dairy-free by using vegan butter (or omit it altogether) and leaving off the parmesan and greek yogurt. It’s nice, but the dish is still good without it.
These are all things I always keep on hand in my fridge and suggest you do to! It’s the perfect fast dinner.
I think I love it so much because it’s kind of healthy… kind of comfort food. The pasta is so nice and cozy but the huge heaps of kale still provide lots of vitamins.
Pasta is something I enjoy in moderation and feel most of you can too. There are so many great options these days that even include protein!
My Kale Pasta recipe may have been unplanned originally, but now it is worthy of a top spot my regular dinner rotation… and I hope yours too.
Kale Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces dried Fusilli, corkscrew pasta (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch Kale, cut in 1/2 inch slices (about 8 stems or 8 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup hot pasta water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4-1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Garnish: red pepper flakes, parsley and parmesan
- Boil pasta in generously salted water, following package instructions. Check the pasta 2 minutes before the box says. You are looking for a perfect al dente bite in your pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the garlic in the butter and olive oil over low heat in a big pot. Allow to cook for 30 seconds, but do not burn!
- Add the kale to the pot and mix with the butter, olive oil and garlic. Turn to medium-low heat.
- Season with the salt, pepper and optional red pepper flakes.
- Add the 1/2 cup of hot pasta water from your boiling pasta (be careful!) and the lemon.
- Allow the kale to steam for about five minutes or until tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pot with the kale and stir.
- Finish by stirring in the parmesan and parsley. You can also stir in the greek yogurt to make it creamy.
- Garnish with the additional red pepper flakes, parsley and parmesan.
Like this Kale Pasta recipe? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Kale Pasta from Running in a Skirt. #recipe #kale Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Fashion Friday. I’m sharing a cute navy dress.
What’s your favorite thing to cook with kale?
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]