Here’s another great SIMPLE dinner idea! My Kale Caesar Pasta Salad recipe is filling, healthy and delish.
I know you are getting swamped with all sorts of sweets and treat right now… but this is a red and green recipe to appeal to your more practical side.
I am always looking for creative vegetarian dinner ideas that are easy to make, healthy (or healthy-ish!) and hearty enough for both myself and my meat-loving hubby to enjoy at dinner. I used to have more time to prep meals for us, but now I’m trying to throw something together in 15 minutes or less. With the twins, that’s just the season of life I am in! I’m sure I’m not the only one who is in the thick of it though. It seems like everyone I talk to has less and less time anymore and one way or another dinner has to be made!
That’s where this tasty dinner idea comes into play! It’s only 5 Ingredients, filled with fresh veggies like KALLLEEEEEEEE and is totally husband approved. This Kale Caesar Pasta Salad recipe is one I made for the blog and am already adding to our regular dinner rotation.
5 Ingredient Kale Caesar Pasta Salad recipe
I was never a big caesar salad person until I met my hubby. I generally gravitate towards a more veggie-filled spring mix or kale salad BUT the Hubs always wants to order a caesar. We’ll often share a salad when we go out and I started letting him pick sometimes and discovered why he loves them so much. You really can’t deny love to that creamy, cheesy dressing.
It’s really a crowd-pleaser!
That’s where this recipe idea started. I wanted to make a twist on a caesar that would satisfy my need for more veggies, his love of ceasar and still be hearty enough for a meal.
I swapped out the traditional romaine for my all-time favorite curly kale, added tomatoes for more veggies and pasta to fill us up! I like adding the pasta with added protein when I’m cooking a vegetarian meal.
All of that goodness comes together with my Healthy & Homemade Greek Yogurt Ceasar Salad dressing or your favorite bottled Ceasar salad dressing… depending on how much time you have.
This recipe is great for a easy dinner OR it would even be a simple dish to take to a holiday potluck. The festive red and green would totally win folks over.
What’s in this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad recipe?
Just five easy ingredients!
- Kale <— I like using curly kale because it holds up well to the dressing. You can even store it without it wilting.
- Homemade & Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing <— or your favorite bottled kind!
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad recipe…
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss everything together.
- Top with extra cheese and cracked black pepper. 🙂
This EASY dinner idea could not be simpler or more fuss-free! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Pin for later!
Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1 cup dried pasta
- 4 cups kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing *, use my healthy greek yogurt version!
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain and allow to cool. You can put a tiny bit of olive oil on the pasta to keep it from sticking together.
- Once the pasta has cooled toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.