I’m not sure how eight weeks have come and gone but we officially have two month old twins! The first eight weeks of Hunter and Jackson’s life have been a whirlwind of feedings, naps, visitors and doctor’s appointments. They have already changed so much from those little five pound babies I brought home from the hospital. We already can’t imagine our lives without them.
Hunter and Jackson have rocked my world and I want to remember every moment with them, so I thought I’d write it down. I thought I’d share these updates every few months with you guys so you can keep track of them too.
Here they are at one month…
And here is their two-month photo. These are some pretty adorable two month old twins!
Let’s get started!
Hunter & Jackson: 2 Month Old Twins
Jackson was first born and the smaller babe. He’s a good napper and the best cuddler. I affectionately nicknamed him Butters in the hospital, which was short for Butterball. He was born a few days before Thanksgiving and something about his slightly yellow skin made me think of a turkey. I was pretty loopy when I came up with it, but somehow it just stuck. Poor kid!
Jackson is generally a calmer baby and can chill out in his bouncy chair. However, if he something starts bothering him he gets angry pretty quickly and it can break your heart.
I call him our drama baby because he makes a lot of funny faces. He’s either really happy or really sad. In just minutes his face will show joy, disgust, hurt and then happiness again. It is almost like he is telling a story. He also seems to observe the world and take everything in.
My family says he looks like me!
Jackson started showing real smiles around 8 weeks and I can’t wait to get more from this sweet boy.
Hunter was second born and a bit bigger. From birth he’s had these adorable cheeks, so he got the nickname Sweet Cheeks in the hospital.
He loves to eat, but his severe acid reflux has given him and us a run for our money over the past two months. He’s already been on two different types of medicine to try to treat it and it is a bit better, but he still screams in pain when he eats sometimes. He loves to be carried and spends a lot of time in my carrier to help soothe him. Sometimes he screams and we can’t get him to stop though which is hard for everyone.
Hunter started intentionally smiling around 6 weeks and when he’s not hurting, he is such a fun babe. He loves to kick, laugh and show off. He is really strong and already has lots of leg and core strength. When you put him down for tummy time he can almost even push his bottom up.
The Hubs Mom pulled out baby pictures and Hunter looks a lot him when he was a baby.
This strong boy has big things ahead for him and I can’t wait to see what they are.
Both babes have nearly doubled in size! Here they are at the hospital.
And here they are as 2 month old twins.
Hunter (right) weighed 5 pounds, 11 ounces at birth and at his 8-week appointment weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces.
Jackson (left) weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces at birth and weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces at his 8- week appointment.
Both babes have gained weight rapidly, which was such a blessing since they were preemies. The doctors told us they were perfect at our last visit and didn’t need to come back for 8 weeks!
1 & 2 Month of Old Twin Likes
- Stroller Rides
- Being Held
- Their Airplane Mobile
- The Playmat
1 & 2 Month of Old Twin Dislikes
- Going to bed
- Getting dried off after a bath
- Doctor’s Appointments
- First Shots
- First Walks
- First Visitors – Both of our families have visited at least once and nearly all of our friends have stopped by!
1 & 2 Month of Old Twin Favorites
- SnugaMonkey Bouncer – We actually have two sets of these on the main floor of our house and in the nursery. They rest, eat and often sleep in these. The incline helps their reflux.
- Changing Table – The boys for some reason LOVE their changing table. We got an extra one for the main floor of our house and the basement. They laugh and giggle on the table.
- Baby Play Mat – We call this “the playground” and try to get the boys on it to play after each feeding. They are just starting to notice it more and interact with it!
- ErgoBaby Carrier – The only way to calm Hunter down a lot of time is to carry him. We have an Ergobaby carrier and also picked up this inexpensive one that is surprisingly nice for the price.
- Stroller – The twins love going for walks in the bassinet in their stroller. We were gifted this one and simply adore it. There aren’t a lot of options for a versatile twin stroller, so this one is perfect.
- Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle– We’ve been putting the twins in Halo Sleep Sacks since the hospital and I think it really helps them sleep.
- Gas Drops – The babies have been pretty fussy and we’ve found these gas drops help.
- White Bandana Bib – The twins are always spitting up, so these white bandana bibs keep me from having to change their outfits constantly. I had a bunch of different color ones, but I got the white because it always matches their outfit.
- Hunter’s Favorite Pacifier
- Jackson’s Favorite Pacifier
Things I Want to Remember
- The way Hunter snorts when he eats.
- The way Hunter burrows his head into your chest.
- How Hunter pushes his legs up to “stand” when you are holding him.
- How animated Hunter’s hands are.
- The way Jackson turns his head to the side and pursed his lips.
- How Jackson seems to be watching his Brother.
- The way Jackson would “smile” in his sleep.
- Jackson’s range of emotional faces.
- This moment…
These babies are growing so fast! It’s crazy I’m the Mom to two month old twins and I still can’t believe they are mine. I’m looking forward to seeing the changes that come in the next few months. They are such a joy and I’m so happy to be their Mom.
Have you missed any Hunter and Jackson news? Catch up here…
- Welcome Hunter John and Jackson Thomas
- The Twins Birth Story
- Hunter and Jackson’s First Week at Home
- Hunter & Jackson’s Newborn Photo Shoot
- The Twins First Christmas
If you missed any of the pregnancy journey you can catch up here…
- Our Greatest Adventure
- Twin Gender Reveal Party
- The First Trimester
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 14-18
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 19-22
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 23-27
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 28-31
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 32-34
- Twin Pregnancy Weeks 35+
- Second Trimester Pregnancy Essentials
- Pittsburgh Family Baby Shower
- Aviation Themed Baby Shower in Asheville
- Luau Couples Baby Shower