Simple food is best sometimes! My 15 minute, 6 ingredient Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad is a long time family favorite.
Frozen tortellini to the rescue again, friends! I love this simple, veggie packed Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad.
Don’t ya just want to get a big fork of it?
My Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad works for all seasons, but it is even more ideal in summer when fresh tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers can be pulled from right out of your garden. I grow all of those veggies right outside my back door.
That fresh parsley is mine too. #winning
This recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes right before dinner OR assembled ahead of time and chilled. I like to make it in the morning if I know I’m not going to have time to cook later.
And yes, I know it’s pasta and cheese… but there is an equal amount of fresh nutrient packed veggies in this.
Feel free to use your favorite packaged Greek Salad dressing OR follow my recipe from Tuesday for Homemade Healthy Greek Salad Dressing. You can make a batch and eat it all week. It is really VERY simple, only 7 pantry-friendly ingredients and worth the time.
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
This recipe was originally published in August of 2014. I’ve updated the text and photos in July 2016.
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad is another classic Running in a Skirt recipe that I’ve re-shot this summer. If you’ve been around since the beginning, I hope you don’t mind seeing these again. I felt like some of my favorite recipes deserved a bit of a makeover.
Just for fun this is what this post looked like the first time around. I had my nice camera, but had never taken it out of manual mode, used a free online editor and didn’t have any of my cool props yet! I did put some effort into styling with the herbs and peppers. 🙂 I remember actually being very proud of it at that time.
It’s been a really inspiring process for me to grow and learn from my mistakes this way. I’m fairly certain and hope I look back at these new photos one day and feel like they need a redo again.
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 16 oz package frozen or fresh tortellini, about 2 cups
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (I used yellow)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Healthy Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- optional garnish: fresh basil or parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Cook on the lower end of the cooking time so pasta is al dente (still has a bite and isn’t soggy.) Drain pasta and rinse with cool water. Allow to cool quicker in fridge or freezer, depending on how quickly you are trying to make this.
- Combine cooled pasta with chopped vegetables.
- Coat with dressing and feta.
- Garnish with fresh ground pepper and optional basil or parsley.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more tortellini recipes?
30 Minute Kale and Tortellini Soup
Thanks for stopping by today!
I’m linking up with: Thinking Out Loud Thursday, Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Do you make your own salad dressing?
Do you like these “classic” recipes with a new look?