My Easy Tortellini Salad with Pesto takes only 15 minutes to make and is the perfect summer meal.
Doesn’t my Easy Tortellini Salad with Pesto just look like summer?
I love the pretty vibrant colors in the dish and I’m even more of a fan with how easy it is to put together.
The only real cooking involved is boiling the frozen tortellini and quickly blanching the asparagus. The rest is just dump and stir, making Easy Tortellini Salad with Pesto a great dish for a weekday meal or even a potluck.
You could honestly mix this up with any veggies, but I love the vibrant combination of the asparagus and tomatoes. They are both crowd favorites.
Use a quality pesto from the refrigerated or deli section of your grocery store or make you own. I’m hoping to make some this summer to freeze for the year from my garden.
You can serve this dish warm or chilled. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious.
- 4 cups frozen tortellini
- 1/2 bunch asparagus cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: Fresh basil
- Cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Remove the tortellini from the water and allow to cool.
- In the same pot of water quickly submerge the asparagus. Allow to cook for 3 minutes. Remove from water and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much.
Want more recipes with frozen tortellini?
Try my Greek Tortellini Salad…
So nice to see you today. Come back tomorrow for a little black dress Fashion Friday fit for a gala!
I’m linking up with: Thinking Out Loud Thursday, Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
What’s your favorite dish to bring to a potluck?
I like this one or my Skinny and Southern Pimento Cheese.