These gorgeous Lemon Shrimp are dunked in a perfect basil avocado grilled shrimp dipping sauce! This combination of seafood, lemon and avocado is summer food perfection.
Now that I'm home for a few weeks, I'm settling into a summer cooking routine and that means a pretty good grilling kick. I just can’t get enough of being outside in the mountains in the spring and summer. It's such a perfect time to be here.
One thing I love to grill is shrimp! They are fast, simple and taste amazing under a little smoke. In fact, I thought I'd share my new favorite way to eat grilled shrimp today.... skewered with lemon and served with a grilled shrimp dipping sauce that will knock your socks off. This simple sauce is made with avocado and basil - the perfect summer twist! Plus this recipe is gluten free, low carb and oh so healthy.
Here's how to make the shrimp & avocado grilled shrimp dipping sauce...
These shrimp look fancy, but are pretty easy.
You just thinly slice lemon and double skewer the food, alternating shrimp, lemon, shrimp. I only add a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper.
For cooking ease, I slide the foil right onto the grill. It’s a great weeknight dinner trick because cleanup is a breeze! The hardest part is cutting the lemon in the pretty thin slices.
The sauce is quickly whipped together by blending or processing one avocado, basil, lemon and olive oil. All together this entire recipe comes together with only FIVE ingredients. That's my kind of cooking!
The finished product compliments each other to perfection.
Serve this with my Greek Yogurt and Dill Potato Salad or my Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad for a delicious cookout meal. It would even be pretty fabulous with this any of these great summer quinoa salads.
These shrimp kabobs and the avocado grilled shrimp dipping sauce are easy enough for a weeknight meal but fancy enough for guests! I hope you'll try them and let me know what you think.
Grilled Shrimp with Grilled Shrimp Dipping Sauce
For the shrimp
- 1 pound 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined. Tails on.
- 2 ½ lemons, thinly slice two of them into about 16 slices. Use other half of third lemon in the sauce below.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 8 wooden skewers
- salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ lemon, juiced (use other half with shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste, to taste
- Using two skewers, thread the shrimp and lemons on the sticks making kabobs. Squirt the half of a lemon over the shrimp.
- Brush the shrimp with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp skewers on the foil.
- Put all the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a blender or food processor and combine until you reach the desired consistency.
- Grill shrimp at 400 degrees for 2-3 each side. Once the shrimp are pink and start to curl, they are done! Don't overcook.
Want more kabobs? Try these!
Love this shrimp recipe with avocado grilled shrimp dipping sauce? Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board!
Tomorrow I’m sharing a new Fashion Friday outfit! See you then.
What do you like to grill in the summer?