How needs meat when you can grill this? You’ll love my Grilled Pineapple Kabobs with Pineapple BBQ Sauce recipe!
It’s officially grilling season and I’ve been making all sorts of meals on the grill! Well… I’ve been preparing all sorts of meals and handing them to the Hubs to take outside and grill. He’s so much better at it than I am. 🙂
I got the idea for this recipe in (big surprise, I know) Hawaii! We ate at road side stand that had pineapple with BBQ sauce. It sounds like a strange combination, but it totally works. Your just going to have to trust me on this one!
I decided to take the idea a step further with my own Pineapple BBQ sauce recipe to go along with Grilled Pineapple Kabobs.
The sweet and tangy combination is a match made in foodie heaven.
It’s even better with the warm grill marks.
The Pineapple BBQ Sauce recipe is pretty simple. If you’ve never made your own BBQ sauce before, you’d be surprised at how simple it really is. It does have sugar in it, but it’s nice to control how much. If you don’t want to go to the trouble you could always add a little pineapple juice to your favorite packaged kind.
Either way this just might change the way you think about grilled food! Move over meat, a new BBQ favorite is in town.
Grilled Pineapple Kabobs with Pineapple BBQ Sauce
For the Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, if vegetarian, use a veggie friendly option or leave out
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
For the Grilled Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 pineapple, cut in large 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 wooden skewers soaked in water
- To make the Pineapple BBQ Sauce recipe add everything (to make the sauce) except the water and corn starch to a sauce pan and bring to medium heat. Whisk together until well combined.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally. Taste at this point to adjust the salt to your liking.
- In a small bowl whisk together the water and corn starch.
- Pull the sauce off the burner and add the corn starch mixture. Stir until it starts to thicken.
- Allow to cool. The sauce can be made ahead of time.
- Thread the pineapple onto the wooden skewers.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until you start to see grill marks.
- Serve with the pineapple sauce drizzled on top or as a dipping sauce.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more food on sticks? Try my Grilled Shrimp Pineapple Kabobs...
… or my Rainbow Fruit Kabobs!
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m taking Fashion Friday on the road to Elbow Cay.
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
What’s your favorite thing to grill?