Dinner is served! My fast, healthy and simple Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe is topped with Chipotle Lime Ranch and served with fresh veggies.
Spring officially starts Tuesday (can I get a Hallelujah???) and with that I’m ready to bring on some lighter spring and summer recipes. Sure cozy soups and hot jalapeno dips are great, but my favorite way to cook is fast easy to assemble meals. My Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe falls in the that category and I really think it could become a dinner you make over and over again. It’s a 20 minute vegetarian meal you have to try.
Here’s why you have to try my Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe…
My Tex Mex Pasta salad recipe could not be easier. The only cooking you do is boiling your pasta noodles. I’m a fan of this pasta with protein in it but you can use any type you have. If you are gluten free… even gluten free pasta would work. I know pasta gets a bad rep these days, but our house eats and enjoys it in moderation. I’m a firm believer that all food can fit into your diet.
I then toss the pasta with a can of rinsed and drained black beans, green onions, fresh tomatoes, corn and cilantro. I also add some creamy avocado… but I wait to put that in until the last minute so it will not spoil.
The dressing is my super easy Chipotle Lime Greek Yogurt Ranch. You can even make the dressing (or the whole recipe really) ahead of time if you need a fast meal. It stores perfectly in the fridge as long as you don’t add the avocado until serving.
The creamy, slightly smoky dressing is shear perfection on this salad. Plus my version of the dressing has all the ranch flavor in a healthy package. This fast vegetarian meal is actually full of protein, veggies and flavor. My Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe would also be fabulous for Cinco de Mayo OR spring and summer cookouts.
I hope you will give this meal a try! I just know you will love it.
Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe
- 14 ounce penne pasta*
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed in microwave
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Lime Greek Yogurt Ranch**
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados, diced
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Check one minute before to get al dente pasta. Cool in the fridge or freezer until the steam stops and it's not too hot to touch.
- In a large bowl, mix the black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, cilantro, green onions, chipotle lime greek yogurt ranch and lime together.
- Toss in the diced avocado just before serving. If you aren't eating the entire batch at one time only toss the avocado with the part you are eating.
- If you are making this ahead of time, considering tossing it with the dressing at the last minute so it will remain creamy.
Like my Tex Mex Pasta Salad recipe ? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing another green recipe for St. Patrick’s Day!
Do you like summer or winter cooking better?