Your Super Bowl spread just got a lot tastier! My Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe has some healthy swaps, but still packs a huge flavor punch.
Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip
The Super Bowl is THIS WEEKEND! While my team didn't get in, I'm still excited about watching the game, eating the food and of course the puppy bowl. You know I couldn't let a food holiday pass by without passing along a fresh new recipe for your spread. I had a few football themed foodie ideas and by far the winner was my Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip. It's totally cravable, addictive and something you've just got to try.
It's soooo cheesyyyy!
Now in the sake of full disclosure, I'm using the term healthy loosely here... this is still a cheese base dip you dunk chips or crackers in.... BUT my version has some healthy swaps and cuts some corners to make this dip a bit lighter. We'll call it healthier!
My Healthy Jalapeno Dip recipe uses greek yogurt instead of sour cream and also cuts the butter out of the crunchy topping. I also tested with reduced fat cheese, but you can use whichever types makes you happier.
I amp up the flavor with a few pantry staples... garlic powder and onion powder. Those two are just what this dip needs to really make the flavor pop.
Don't worry if you don't like really hot food either. The jarred jalapenos are fairly mild and there is enough other stuff in this to where you don't eat a lot at one time. They just make this warm and add a ton of flavor. The Hubs doesn't like really spicy food and he said the spice level in this was perfect.
If you like it really hot add more jalapenos OR sub some fresh ones. That will turn up the heat!
But let me warn you... this Healthy Jalapeno Dip recipe will disappear quickly and everyone will be asking for the recipe. The hubs and I ate this all in one sitting, and we loved every bite. This cheesy combination is downright addictive... plus you'll never notice the healthy swaps. I'm absolutely making this again for Super Bowl Sunday.
I hope you'll try this and let me know what you think!
Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- ½ cup diced, jarred jalapenos
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups low fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup panko
- optional garnish: parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the jalapenos, cream cheese, plain greek yogurt, sharp cheddar cheese, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well manually or with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in a cast iron skillet or baking pan.
- Mix the last ¼ cup of the parmesan and the panko together. If you don't have fresh parsley to top it with you can add some dried parsley to this mixture for color. Put mixture evenly on top of the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the top is brown. You can also pop it under a broiler for a minute to get the golden color on top.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately with chips or crackers.
Like my Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing a new smoothie recipe.
Do you eat salad in the winter?