Whether you call it Healthy Everything Bagel Dip or Everything But the Bagel Dip, this creamy, cheesy dip is simply irresistible. My 4 Ingredient version is healthier with greek yogurt, cream cheese, and my Trader Joe's copycat Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning. This is a perfect healthy party dip or snack you'll love.
Healthy Everything Bagel Dip
My Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe is perfectly creamy and tastes like everyone's favorite bagel using Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. This fabulous new healthy party dip recipe is not only a crowd-pleaser but only 4 INGREDIENTS! You seriously can't go wrong with a recipe that tastes this good and is this easy to make.
The base of the dip is cream cheese, which is perfect to achieve that bagel taste, but instead of using sour cream, I use greek yogurt keeping my version light, healthy, and totally guilt-free. The flavor comes from a hearty helping of Everything Bagel Seasoning.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
If you aren't familiar with Everything Bagel Seasoning, it's basically all of the toppings found on an Everything Bagel, but without the bagel. If you love that rich, flavorful topping on the bagel, you will love it in this dip. The seasoning blend originated with Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, but over time most grocery stores and spice companies now make their own blend. You can mix your own with my DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning or buy the popular Trader Joe's Everything But Bagel Seasoning. Here's what you'll find in most of the seasoning blends.
- Dried Onion
- Dried Garlic
- White Sesame Seeds
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Poppy Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Is this like Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Dip?
YES! My homemade Everything Bagel Dip is a great copycat of Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Dip which you can find pre-mixed in stores.
This Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe gets its flavor from the famous Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (which they also now sell at ALDI!) You can buy yours OR make your own my homemade, DIY version.
The rest of the dip is a combination of whipped cream cheese and greek yogurt. You could do straight cream cheese but I love how the greek yogurt lightens it up, adds probiotics, and keeps it a bit healthier. The texture of the light whipped cream cheese with the yogurt is nothing short of dreamy.
Why you'll love this Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe...
- This Healthy Everything Bagel Dip is basically everything a good cheese dip should be... cheesy, savory, scoopable, and totally addictive.
- It's only 4 ingredients!
- My version is lightened up and doesn't just use sour cream! I add creamy plain greek yogurt for fewer calories and added nutrition.
- The Everything Bagel seasoning is a combination of garlic, onion, sesame seeds, and salt is perfection. If you like everything bagel you are going to LOVE this.
- This recipe just happens to be low carb, gluten-free, keto, clean eating, and vegetarian making it a fabulous snack to enjoy for so many diets.
- It's just about 100 calories a serving.
- It's versatile as a snack or to serve at parties including New Year's, Super Bowl, or the Holidays.
- It's rich, satisfying and so delish.
Here's an overview of what you'll need to make my Healthy Everything Bagel Seasoning. Keep reading for the full recipe amounts.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: Everything Bagel Seasoning is the blend of spices found on Everything Bagels which includes dried onion, dried garlic, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. You can make your own mix with my Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe or buy it here.
- Whipped Cream Cheese: I like to use already whipped cream cheese so the dip is light and airy. You can use full-fat cream cheese or reduced-fat depending on your dietary preferences.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Many dip recipes use sour cream, but I replaced sour cream with plain greek yogurt to make a healthy version of this recipe. You can use anything from fat-free to full fat depending on your diet. The fat-free will not be as creamy, but it will be a lot fewer calories.
- Onion powder: I like to add a touch of extra onion powder to many of my dips rich and bring out the flavors. This is optional.
What to Eat with Everything But the Bagel Dip?
You'll also need some diapers for your Everything But the Bagel Dip. Here are just a few ideas.
- Baby Carrots
- Celery Stick
- Bell Peppers
- Bagel Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
This is just an overview of the instructions to make the Everything Bagel Dip. The full printable recipe is below.
- Gather and measure your whipped cream cheese, plain greek yogurt, Everything Bagel Seasoning, and onion powder. In a small bowl, carefully fold all the ingredients together. Since the cream cheese is already whipped, you can do it by hand and you don't need a hand mixer.
- Top with extra Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Serve immediately or allow to chill in the fridge in a sealed container before serving.
Pro Tip: If you have some time for it to sit before serving, the flavors melt together and the dip gets a richer more delicious flavor.
I love this Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe as written, but here are some fun variations.
- Make it 3-Ingredient: Leave out the onion powder for a simple three-ingredient recipe.
- Make it Vegan Dairy-Free: Replace the cream cheese and yogurt with dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free yogurt.
- Make it Fresher: Add some chopped green onion or chives to the mix and on top.
- Make it Spicy: Add some diced jalapeno peppers.
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Freezing is not recommended because the consistency of the cream cheese and greek yogurt mixture would be off.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this Everything Bagel Dip ahead of time and add a sprinkle of fresh seasoning on top just before serving.
This Healthy Everything Bagel Dip Recipe is Perfect for Parties!
This Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe is simply perfect for snacking or parties! Add this as a hearty snack for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or even Christmas. It's also a fabulous game-day snack for Super Bowl Sunday.
I hope you love this Healthy Everything But Bagel Dip recipe as much as I do. As always give it a try and let me know what you think.
More Everything Bagel Snacks to Try:
- Everything Bagel Stuffed Celery
- Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Chips
- Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites
- Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs
- Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Everything Bagel Hummus
- Everything Bagel Crispy Chickpeas
Healthy Everything Bagel Dip recipe
- Carefully fold together all the ingredients. Put in a bowl and top with extra everything bagel seasoning.
- Serve with bagel chips, pretzels, carrots, or other crisp veggies!
Pin for later