Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs are a party favorite. This Healthy Deviled Egg recipe gets a makeover using Greek yogurt instead of mayo and is topped with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. This recipe is perfect for Easter, holidays, and summer backyard gatherings.
Everything Bagel Healthy Deviled Eggs
I'm a sucker for a good deviled egg. My Grandmother used to have this fabulous old-fashioned Tupperware tray to hold them and before we came to visit she'd fill it up with classic southern style Deviled Eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish. Not knowing the effort she took to make them my Brother and I would gobble them up in no time at all.
Now, these Everything Bagel Healthy Deviled Eggs aren't exactly her recipe BUT I still think she'd be proud. My version uses some healthy swaps like Greek yogurt instead of mayo AND these pretty little eggs get a huge jolt of flavor from my favorite seasoning... Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
What is Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
I've been on a bit of an EVERYTHING kick lately but if you are just joining me Every But the Bagel Seasoning is the perfect combination of flavors found on your favorite New York-style Everything Bagel. The spice mix is made of a blend of dried onion, garlic, black sesame seeds, regular sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and sea salt flakes. The flavors are so simple yet really blend well with so many dishes including these Healthy Deviled Eggs.
This seasoning blend became popular at Trader Joe's but is sold at many grocery stores now including ALDI. You can also make your own very easily with my perfect DIY Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe.
Why You'll Love These Healthy Deviled Eggs...
This isn't my Grandmother's classic recipe but I think it might even be better because it's totally guilt-free and good for you. I filled my Healthy Deviled Eggs with Greek yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. It's then topped with DIY or storebought Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
Yes, this recipe is only SIX ingredients.
Here's what you'll need to make these Healthy Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: You will need 6 hard-boiled eggs to get a nice try of a dozen deviled eggs. Read my tips below for cooking hard-boiled eggs that peel well and have a bright yellow yolk.
- Greek Yogurt: Creamy greek yogurt is my healthy swap! I use it instead of classic mayo in this recipe.
- Mustard: A nice grainy mustard gives these deviled eggs a bit of punch and flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Worcestershire sauce is a delightful blend of rich ingredients that gives any dish a huge depth of flavor. I like adding just a small amount to my deviled eggs. If you are strictly vegetarian it does have anchovies in it. Leave it out or they do make a vegetarian version of the sauce.
- Garlic Powder: Just a touch of garlic salt adds a lot of flavor to my deviled eggs.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: My secret ingredient to really make this recipe pop! Make your own with my recipe or buy yours here.
How to Make Healthy Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs:
- Cut your hard-boiled eggs in half and remove the yolk. If you carefully pinch the egg white it should pop out.
- In a bowl mash the egg yolks with a fork. Add the greek yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- Using a small spoon, piping bag or freezer bag refill the egg white with the egg yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How do you make hard-boiled eggs for deviled eggs?
- Place your eggs in a pot and cover them with one inch of water.
- Bring the water to a boil. Just as the water starts to boil remove them from the heat and cover them. Allow them to sit for exactly 12 minutes. If you want a more soft-boiled egg for another hard-boiled egg recipe remove them after 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooked, move them to an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Allow them to stay for 15 minutes before trying to peel.
Pro Tip: Eggs that are a bit older actually peel better than farm fresh eggs.
My Hack for Refilling Deviled Eggs
You can use a small spoon or professional piping bag to refill your healthy deviled eggs BUT I actually do something much simpler. I put my filling into a freezer bag and cut a small hole out of the corner of the bag making a DIY piping bag.
You then just squeeze the yolk back into the egg and throw away the mess.
Healthy Deviled Egg Variations
This is just one way to prepare my Healthy Deviled Eggs but here are some other ideas!
- Healthy Southern Deviled Eggs: Make them more traditionally Southern by using picked relish and paprika on top instead of the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs: Add buffalo sauce into the egg yolk mixture and blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Chipolte Deviled Eggs: Add chipotle in adobo sauce and cilantro on top.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs: Blend avocado into the mixture and keep the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Healthy Lemon Chive Deviled Eggs: Add fresh lemon and chives.
Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs
These irresistible and healthy Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs remind me of afternoons with my Grandmother and taste so good. The Hubs gobbled them up in the same way my brother and I used to so I know this simple little recipe is a hit.
Serve these at your Easter dinner, holiday table, or your next backyard cookout. I'm sure an entire tray will disappear just like they did at my Grandmother's house.
More Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipes to Love:
- DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Everything But the Bagel Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Everything But the Bagel Dip
- Everything Bagel Hummus
- Everything But the Bagel Guacamole
- Everything Bagel Salmon
- Everything But the Bagel Roasted Potatoes
- Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas
- Baked Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Chips
Everything Bagel Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Cut the boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Put the yolks in a bowl and smash them with a fork. Add the greek yogurt, mustard, worcestshire sauce and garlic powder. Mix until smooth.
- Using a small spoon or a pipping bag refill the center of the egg white with the yoke mixture.
- Sprinkle the finished healthy deviled eggs with the everything bagel seasoning.