Everything But the Bagel Salmon is the perfect weekday meal. This healthy baked salmon recipe is made with just FIVE ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. You'll love the bright flavors from lemon and classic everything bagel seasoning.
Everything But the Bagel Salmon
I cook salmon for my family every week or two. It's so simple and fast to prepare plus it tastes great. Plus the entire family including the twins gobble it up every time. Since I cook salmon so often, I'm always looking for ways to mix it up, and this Everything But the Bagel Salmon is the perfect way to do that.
This flavor-packed salmon recipe could not be easier to prepare and can be on your table in less than 15 minutes making it a perfect weekday meal. It also LOOKS fancy enough if you wanted to make this for the weekend or for a dinner party. It will be our little secret on how simple it is to make!
What is Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
If you aren't familiar with Every But the Bagel Seasoning yet, you are missing out! It's the perfect combination of flavors found on your favorite New York-style Everything Bagel. It's made of a blend of dried onion, garlic, black sesame seeds, regular sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and sea salt flakes. The flavors really POP and go well with so many savory dishes including this Everything But the Bagel Salmon.
The spice mix first became popular at Trader Joe's but is sold at many grocery stores now including ALDI. You can also make your own very easily though! I even have the perfect DIY Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe.
Why You'll Love this Salmon with Everything Seasoning...
Salmon night can feel a bit repetitive, which is why you are going to LOVE this salmon with everything seasoning. It's great because the entire mix of spices you need for the dish comes in one bottle! No need to pull a bunch of stuff out of the cabinets. You honestly don't even need to add salt because it's already a main component of the seasoning.
In fact, this entire Everything But the Bagel Salmon is made with just FIVE ingredients including no added oil!
Health Benefits of Eating Salmon
This is also a dinner you can feel good eating because salmon is so good for you. One serving of salmon is around 200 calories and is very low in saturated fat and is a good source of protein. This recipe is only 260 calories a serving.
Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids which support heart health. It's also full of vitamins like B12.
This superfood-packed dinner is tasty AND good for you.
Ingredients in the Recipe:
- Salmon: Look for fresh or frozen salmon fillets at the grocery store. You'll want a 4-6 ounce portion for each person you are serving.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice and slices add some brightness and zest to the recipe plus makes it look prettier.
- Spicy Mustard: Your favorite mustard adds a bit of moisture and flavor to the salmon without having to add oil.
- Honey: Just a touch of honey balances out the mustard and brings out the sweetness of the salmon.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning: Buy an already made blend HERE or make my DIY version HERE.
How to Buy Salmon
When you are buying salmon at the store look for a piece that's vibrant and doesn't smell. You'll also want to find a piece that looks moist.
Don't assume that the "fresh" fish at the seafood counter is the best option either. Unless it's marked "fresh never frozen" it's probably the same as the frozen fish that they are also selling. I'll often buy the frozen fish because then I can keep it in my freezer and thaw it out when I want to cook it. Most frozen salmon now is frozen right after it's been caught and vacuum-sealed keeping it safe. If you have access to a fresh fish market or live near the coast where fresh fish is available do that, otherwise frozen might be your best option.
The Monterey Bay Aquarium always has great information on the best salmon to buy for sustainability.
How to Cook Everything But the Bagel Salmon
Here's an overview on how to cook Everything But the Bagel Salmon. The full recipe is below.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put your salmon fillets in the baking pan.
- Cut the lemon in half and carefully cut four thin slices out of the lemon. Take the remaining lemon and squeeze the juice out over the salmon.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard and honey. Brush the mixture over the salmon. You'll want to generously coat it.
- Carefully sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning on top of the salmon.
- Put the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon just starts to flake.
Tips on Cooking Salmon:
Salmon cooks very quickly in the oven so don't wander too far from the kitchen. Even the thickest pieces shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. You should cook this Everything But the Bagel Salmon for four to six minutes for every half-inch of thickness.
Thinner slices of salmon will take around 8 minutes while thicker slices could take closer to 12 minutes.
How to Tell When Salmon is Done
Salmon is done when it turns opaque and starts to flake with a fork. I prefer my salmon just slightly on the rare side. The USDA recommends you cook your salmon to 145 degrees.
Everything But the Bagel Salmon is the Perfect Dinner
This Everything But the Bagel Salmon is such a perfectly healthy dinner idea. The Everything Bagel Seasoning has the perfect blend of savory spices and the lemon brings out all of the freshness of the fish.
I love this for a quick easy weeknight meal and I'm sure you will too. I serve mine with my Everything Bagel Roasted Potatoes like shown in the photos but there are some other great ideas to turn this into a healthy meal.
What to Serve with this Recipe:
- Everything But the Bagel Potatoes
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Rosemary Lemon Asparagus
- Parmesan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Sauteed Kale with Garlic and Lemon
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprouts
- Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
More Healthy Salmon Recipes to Try:
- Salmon Foil Packets with Rainbow Veggies
- Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- Pesto Salmon
- Easy Baked Lemon Salmon with Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowls
More Everything But the Bagel Recipes to Try:
- Homemade Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Everything But the Bagel Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 Ingredient Everything But the Bagel Dip
- Everything Bagel Guacamole
- Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas
- Everything But the Bagel Hummus
- Everything Bagel Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
Everything But the Bagel Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut 4 thin slices out of the lemon. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the lemon on the salmon.
- Mix together the mustard and honey in a small bowl. Spread the mixture over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the everything bagel mixture and put a lemon slice on top of each piece of fish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork.
Pin for later!