This Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe is perfect for fall!
We've finally had a few cooler mornings and days in the mountains and fall seems to be ever so slowly creeping in. In summer I love making lots of fresh tomato salads and no-cook sides but as the weather cools I turn on the oven again and start roasting. Roasting veggies is hands down my favorite way to cook them. Potatoes and brussels sprouts really shine when you turn the oven up. I actually love to cook them just enough to get some dark color on the edges. If you haven't done that yet... you are missing out!
This fall I decided to combine two of my favorite veggies on the roasting pan and make one epic side dish. My Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe is easy enough for a weekday dinner but tasty enough for a holiday meal.
Here's Why You'll Love this Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe...
This side dish has all the best fall flavors. Perfectly soft sweet potatoes, crispy brussels sprouts, and just enough sweet onion to bring out the flavor. I use thyme and cumin to season it giving it an earthiness that is perfect for the season.
This is a pan of serious goodness.
The flavored bites are perfect veggie bliss!
I could easily see this on my Thanksgiving table this year.
What's in this Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe?
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
My only trick is to cut the photos in about the same size as the sprouts - maybe a touch smaller- so they cook evenly.
How to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe...
- Chop your veggies evenly.
- Toss the veggies in the olive oil and spices.
- Roast until tender
- Serve warm!
This dish is ready in about 30 minutes! To make clean up easier I like to line my baking sheet with foil.
This simple side dish could easily be one you come back to time and again! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 4 Ingredient Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Simple Roasted Sweet Potato Bites
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Honey Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Teriyaki Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pin for later...
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes recipe
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients together until everything is well coated. Pour in an even layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sprouts and potatoes are both fork tender.
What's your favorite veggies to roast?