This recipe for tilapia is simple and tasty! My Lemon Pepper Tilapia with parmesan is the perfect meal for any day of the week.
Tilapia is an easy and mild fish to cook. You can find it inexpensively in most any grocery store and when cooked well it is delicious.
My recipe for tilapia features parmesan and lemon pepper. It is essentially lemon pepper tilapia with a twist.
I start with four fillets of fish.
I squeeze one lemon and sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the fish.
Then on one side I spread a very thin layer of a light olive oil based mayonnaise.
I then prepare a mixture of parmesan, panko and lemon pepper.
The fish gets turned mayo side down and the parmesan mixture creates a light crust that keeps the fish really moist.
I turn the tilapia lemon pepper, parmesan side up and bake for only 10-12 minutes.
Simple. Healthy. Dependable.
I hope you love it as much as I did!
Lemon Pepper Parmesan Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a glass baking dish.
- Rinse the tilapia and pat dry with paper towels.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over both sides of the tilapia fillets. Season with 3/4 of the salt and pepper. Save the last 1/4 of salt and pepper for the parmesan mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of the mayonnaise over one side of the fish. This acts as the glue to keep the parmesan on the fillet.
- In a shallow bowl or plate combine the panko, parmesan, lemon pepper and remaining salt and pepper.
- Carefully press the fish mayonnaise side down into the parmesan mixture.
- Place the fish parmesan side up in the glass baking dish.
- Repeat with all four fillets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The fish is done when it turns opaque and starts to flake.
- Optional: Turn oven to broil to quickly brown crust. Be careful though! You could quickly burn and overcook the entire dish!
How is your week so far?
Mine has started off slow but is picking up today. I’m meeting Jaime for lunch and going to yoga class. Can’t wait!