Need to rethink your salmon? Try my scrumptious Balsamic Glazed Salmon recipe!
I cook salmon for the Hubs and I usually every other week because it’s healthy, delicious and is one of those dishes we both enjoy. I’ve got to be honest though, sometimes I wear out my basic recipe and need to shake it up! I cook so many unique things for the blog, but even I fall into a cooking rut sometimes.
So the other day I decided to get creative and try glazing my salmon with a homemade sweet balsamic glaze. The result was my Balsamic Glazed Salmon recipe! It’s terrifically tasty and I just had to share.
To make the salmon I simmered the rich balsamic glaze in a small sauce pan before I put the salmon in the oven. There also a touch of honey, mustard and garlic in it.
Pro tip: I love this pan for making pan sauces like this!
One the sauce reduced I brushed it on my salmon fillets. I let it bake until the salmon just started to flake.
I prefer my salmon slightly overdone than overdone!
The result just takes basic salmon up another level. It rich, savory and delicious. And although it’s a little more complicated than just throwing it in the oven, the effort pays off with such a pretty dish. Serve this with fresh roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts, Rosemary Lemon Asparagus or even 6 Ingredient Healthier Twice Baked Potatoes. It’s also great as a salad topper.
My little experiment was a big success and this is something I’ll be adding to my dinner rotation. Enjoy!
- 2 salmon fillets about 5-8 ounces per piece
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or additional to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or additional to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the baking dish.
- In a small non-stick sauce pan over low heat saute the garlic and the olive oil about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the vinegar, honey and dijon to the pan and turn up to medium. Stir well and continue to stir occasionally. Allow the sauce to cook for 3-5 minutes or until it turns into a thick glaze. Season with the rest of the salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the top of the salmon with the sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the over and brush the sauce on the salmon again.
- Return the salmon to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until it starts to flake. The thicker your piece of salmon the longer the cooking time.
- Serve immediately.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this Balsamic Glazed Salmon recipe to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Also try these salmon recipes…
YUM! Try this super simple healthy Balsamic Glazed Salmon from Running in a Skirt! #recipe Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing some of my current makeup favorites including lots of drugstore options!
Are you ever in a dinner rut?