This Cedar Plank Salmon recipe shines with homemade Fresh Peach Salsa!
Happy pre-Friday! I'm excited about this upcoming weekend because one of my favorite kiddos is turning three and my favorite house guest is coming to visit. It's going to be a busy but fun weekend.
I'm already planning the meals and I've got a yummy one on the menu.
If you've never cooked with cedar plank salmon recipes before it is super simple.
Just start with a food grade piece of cedar (nothing toxic sprayed on it.) You'll want to soak them in the sink for at least two hours. Learn from my previous mistakes and don't skip this step! This keeps it from catching on fire on the grill 🙂
Season the salmon simply with fresh lime, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and a touch of garlic powder. You could just as easily use lemon, but I like the way the lime compliments the peach salsa.
Cook on the medium grill for just 15 minutes.
The salmon absorbs the cedar flavor and is wonderful! You can eat it plain...
... or serve it with my Fresh Peach Salsa from Tuesdays post.
Between the grilling and the fresh fruit this is really the best of summer cooking in one dish!
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon Recipe with Peach Salsa
- 1 Cedar Plank, soaked in water for at least two hours
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 recipe Peach Salsa *
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salmon.
- Brush each piece with the olive oil.
- Season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Put the salmon on the cedar plank and grill for 15 minutes.
- Top with the[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]Fresh Peach Salsa!
- Serve immediately!
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Fashion Friday. I'm showcasing the dress I adore that is great for everything from a night on the town to a wedding.
Do you ever use cedar planks on the grill?
Lemon or lime?[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]