Strawberry and goat cheese are the perfect pair in this kale salad!
I’m on quite the strawberry kick lately. You can probably tell by the recent recipe selection. Cannoli Strawberries this week and now this! They are in season in South Carolina and I literally buy them by the buckets at the farmers market.
This is hands down one of my favorite parts of the year!
I eat them in plain, in cereal, pancakes, quick breads, cannoli’s
Kale, Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad to be exact.
This is hands down one of my favorite salad combos ever.
I even throw in a few fancy maracona almonds to really make this meal restaurant quality.
This is seasonal eating at its finest and something I will be enjoying until the berries run out.
Kale, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad
- 4 cups baby kale or kale mix
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions, about 1/4 of a small onion
- 1/4 cup salted maracona almonds, can sub regular almonds
- 1/4 crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully mix the kale, strawberries, onion and almonds together in a bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Fold the dressing over the salad.
- Carefully add the goat cheese. Half in the salad and half on top.
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Fashion Friday! I’m sharing the dress I wore to a party at Barnsley Gardens.
What is your favorite berry?
Do you ever shop at the farmers market?