Enjoy classic summer flavors in my Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe!
Now that I’m fully back in the swing of being home and real life, it’s nice to be enjoying simple summer meals again. Caprese will always be one of my favorites in summer. There is nothing like fresh tomatoes and creamy mozzarella. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.
Just the thought of it makes me so… happy.
Since I’m pretty sure a lot of you love that flavor combination too, I decided to create a crustless quiche using the best summer has to offer! This is my Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe.
It’s loaded with vine-ripe summer tomatoes and loads of that fragrant sweet basil… which I’m kind of obsessed with.
This year I planted three pots because two never seems to be enough. Seriously… I might have a problem :-). But I digress…
My Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe just might be the perfect summer meal.
Plus eggs are a great source of protein on a vegetarian diet and I eat them often plain or in dishes like this. They are inexpensive, easy to cook and good for you.
Since this is without a buttery crust, it’s a little less indulgent than regular quiche and makes a great weekday meal. OR I’ve got to say it looks pretty enough for a special event too. It’s all about the fresh basil folks. It just elevates anything you put it on.
Serve my Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe with a side of grains (quinoa, farro, ect) or with a big summer green salad. It’s a simple and satisfying meal that anyone will love.
I hope you enjoy it. As always, I’d love to hear what you think.
Caprese Crustless Quiche
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, 2 seeded and chopped, 1 thinly sliced for the topping
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a glass pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a pan over medium heat saute the onion in the olive oil until tender, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and season with a pinch of the salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the fresh basil, setting aside the rest for the topping.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, baking soda and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetable mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the pie pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top of that.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture on top of the vegetables and cheese.
- Carefully lay the tomato slices on the top of the eggs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Like this Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe ? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Also try my Crustless Kale, Mushroom and Feta Quiche.Caprese Crustless Quiche from Running in a Skirt Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today!
Do you love basil?
How do you like your eggs?
I’m linking up this Caprese Vegetarian Crustless Quiche recipe with: Meatless Monday , Meatless Monday, Full Plate Thursday Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!