This Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe is topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and a homemade creamy Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing. Bring on summer with this perfect summer salad
Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe
This Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe is special. I've professed my love for Panera Bread here before. I've sworn for years that they put something in their food that keeps me going back for more and more. I love their sandwiches, bagels, soups, oatmeal, and especially their salads. Every spring and summer I look forward to this salad because it's pure summer on a plate.
The combination of sweetness from the fruit including strawberries, oranges, blueberry, AND pineapple is perfect. It's paired with a just crunchy enough romaine lettuce and creamy homemade dressing. This salad is sweet, tangy, and savory all at once. It's SO delicious.
Since I've been eating at home more, I've been trying to make some of my favorite restaurant goodies at home including my favorite Panera goodies. I've tried my hand at their Copycat Panera Strawberry Caprese Salad and Poppyseed Dressing but today I'm taking on the classic salad of summer. This Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe is surprisingly easy to make at home and will be one you will want to eat over and over this season!
Why You'll Love this Strawberry Poppyseed Salad...
What makes this Strawberry Poppyseed Salad special?
- It's the perfect mixture of fruit including those fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, and sweet mandarin oranges.
- It's finished off with chopped pecans and a dreamy Poppyseed Dressing. You could use my favorite bottled kind OR skip the sugar and my Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Salad Dressing which is sweetened with honey instead of regular sugar. This is the perfect Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe!
- This salad has savory, sweetness, and just a touch of crunch making it the perfect Strawberry Salad.
- It's not only tasty but also, really pretty!
- Of course, Panera's as chicken on their version. I don't eat chicken, so I left it off, but feel free to add your favorite protein on top. You can customize any protein you want on the salad.
Is Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad healthy?
Yes! The Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad is super healthy. It's actually one of the healthiest options on the menu with only 340 calories. The greens and fruit have lots of vitamins and superfoods.
My version is just as healthy with extra nutrients from a homemade Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing.
Here's an overview of what you'll need to make my Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, but keep scrolling for the full printable recipe.
- Romaine Lettuce: Crunchy romaine pairs perfectly with the fruit in this healthy salad. You can also use a darker green like spinach or baby kale.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are perfect for this salad. Look for ripe ones in spring and summer.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are the perfect superfood for this summer salad.
- Pineapple: Pineapple adds a bit of a tropical touch. Buy a whole pineapple or pre-chopped pineapple in the produce department of the grocery store.
- Mandarin Oranges: The rest of the fruit is fresh but Panera uses canned mandarin oranges! The flavor is tasty and delicious.
- Pecans: Crunchy pecans add just enough texture to the salad. You could also use almonds or walnuts.
- Poppyseed Dressing: Use your favorite bottled dressing or try making my homemade version.
All these ingredients are easy to find in the spring and summer making this a perfect summer salad.
- To make the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, prep the ingredients. Chop the lettuce, strawberries, and pineapple.
- Plate the lettuce and top it with the fruit and pecans. You can also make this in small bowls or large bowls to prep it for a party.
- Drizzle with the poppyseed dressing.
- Serve immediately.
I love this Strawberry Poppyseed Salad as written, but here are some yummy variations.
- Panera's version has chicken which you can add. Use your favorite rotisserie chicken to have a simple dinner without turning on the oven. Grilled chicken or pre-packaged cooked chicken can also work.
- Goat cheese or feta cheese would also be delicious on this healthy salad.
- You could also mix up the fruit with whatever is fresh and seasonal.
- You could also use a simple oil and vinegar dressing or my Homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette.
Can I make Copycat Strawberry Poppyseed Salad ahead of time?
Yes! Yes, you can chop and prep all the ingredients for the salad ahead of time. You can also make the Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing up to two days in advance. Store the salad components separately in the fridge without the dressing and assemble them right before serving.
What do I do with leftovers?
Store any leftovers -without the dressing - in the refrigerator for up three days. Any salad with the dressing on it will need to be enjoyed within an hour.
How many calories are in a Panera Strawberry Poppyseed salad?
Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Salad has only 340 calories and my version has 230 calories. Both are delicious for a great light lunch.
I like to serve mine with a veggie sandwich.
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad is the Salad for Summer!
I hope you will give my Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe a try. This satisfying salad is downright addictive even at home. I love that you can serve it as a side or pile it in a big bowl for a potluck. It's perfect for vegetarians too. You can make this a meal on its own or add some of these ideas to serve on top or on the side.
Serve it With:
- Honey Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Baked Salmon with Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Blackened Mahi Mahi
- Shrimp Chowder
- Shrimp Burger
More Healthy Summer Salads to Try:
- Watermelon Arugula Salad
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Summer Berry Kale Salad
- Kale, Strawberry, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Vegan Rainbow Salad
If you make this Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and a star rating ★ below. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad recipe
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup canned mandarin oranges
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing, recipe link in notes
- Divide the romaine on two plates. Top with the fruit and nuts.
- Drizzle with the homemade Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later!
Jen | Jen's Food Lab says
Ahh I haven't had salad in so long! I think this is an awesome combinations of flavors and ingredients that all look like they go so well together.
This salad looks really hearty and delicioua. I just loved the poppy seeds yogurt dressing. Will give a try..
Wow that strawbbery salad looks so so refreshing and with yogurt poppyed dressing it sounds even more delicious.
Mmm, I can just imagine the wonderful tart flavors from the yogurt poppyseed dressing, mandarin oranges and other flavors in this tasty salad. I've only ever eaten at Panera once, but I'm sure this is much better than theirs!
Gail Montero says
If salads are as gorgeous as this strawberry poppyseed salad, it would be gone in seconds! Love how tasty and beautifully this salad presents!
Sarah James says
I haven't come across Panera Strawberry Salad before but I love the idea of fruits and nuts in a salad and the poppyseed dressing sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
This is my favorite salad at Panera, I'm so excited to have found a copycat recipe. Thank you!
I've never had the Panera version, but I'm pretty sure I won't ever need to now that I've tasted yours. I can't pick my favorite element of the salad, but it's a strong tie between the fresh fruit and the poppy seed dressing.
Wow, this is such a great nutritious and so colourful combination of fruits in this salad. Definitely will be making this over and over again. Scrumptious and truly refreshing indeed.
Colorful and healthy salad to try. Love the combination. Thanks for sharing
Stine Mari says
I absolutely love how fruity this salad is. Fruits in salads create a beautiful balance - especially with the Greek yogurt poppyseed dressing!
I love this salad at Panera so it's so nice to have a similar recipe to make it at home! And I especially love the Greek yogurt poppyseed dressing. Such a lovely complement!
Taleen | Just As Tasty says
I love Panera but have somehow never tried this recipe. Clearly I've been missing out! It looks so fresh and delicious, can't wait to make this at home.
This is such a fantastic salad! It really does taste like the one from Panera, but better because it is so fresh!!
This is a great copycat recipe. I love the poppyseed dressing so much. Can't wait to make this again!
I LOVE Panera Bread too! I hold all things Panera to a pretty high standard but Your salad looks amazing!
Deborah Brooks says
I have not had the panera one bc as you say, it has chicken. Your looks even better!