This Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe is topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and a homemade creamy Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing. Bring on summer with this perfect Summer Salad.
I've professed my love for Panera Bread here before. I've sworn for years that the put something in their food that keeps me going back for more and more. I love their sandwiches, bagels, soups, oatmeal, and especially their salads. Every spring and summer I look forward to their Strawberry Poppyseed Salad. It's pure summer on a plate.
Since I've been eating at home more, I've been trying to make some of my favorite restaurant goodies at home including my favorite Panera goodies. I've tried my hand at their Copycat Panera Strawberry Caprese Salad and Poppyseed Dressing but today I'm taking on the classic salad of summer. This Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe is surprisingly easy to make at home and will be one you will want to eat over and over this season!
Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe
What makes this salad special? It's the perfect mixture of fruit including those fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, and sweet mandarin oranges. It's finished off with chopped pecans and a dreamy Poppyseed Dressing. You could use my favorite bottled kind OR skip the sugar and my Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Salad Dressing which is sweetened with honey instead of regular sugar. This is the perfect Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe!
Of course, Panera's as chicken on their version. I don't eat chicken, so I left it off, but feel free to add your favorite protein on top.
Is Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad healthy?
Yes! The Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad is super healthy. It's actually one of the healthiest options on the menu with only 340 calories. The greens and fruit have lots of vitamins and superfoods.
My version is just as healthy with extra nutrients from a homemade Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing.
Ingredients in the Healthy Salad
So what's in this healthy salad?
- Romaine Lettuce: Crunchy romaine pairs perfectly with the fruit in this healthy salad. You can also use a darker green like spinach or baby kale.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are perfect for this salad. Look for ripe ones in spring and summer.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are the perfect superfood for this summer salad.
- Pineapple: Pineapple adds a bit of a tropical touch. Buy a whole pineapple or pre-chopped pineapple in the produce department of the grocery store.
- Mandarin Oranges: The rest of the fruit is fresh but Panera uses canned mandarin oranges! The flavor is tasty and delicious.
- Pecans: Crunchy pecans add just enough texture to the salad.
- Poppyseed Dressing: Use your favorite bottled dressing or try making my homemade version.
All these ingredients are easy to find in the spring and summer making this a perfect summer salad.
How to Make the Copycat Panera Salad at Home...
- Chop the lettuce, strawberries, and pineapple.
- Plate the lettuce and top it with the fruit and pecans.
- Drizzle with the poppyseed dressing.
Panera's version has chicken which you can add. Use your favorite rotisserie chicken to have a simple dinner without turning on the oven. Grilled chicken or pre-packaged cooked chicken can also work.
Goat cheese or feta cheese would also be delicious on this healthy salad.
You could also mix up the fruit with whatever is fresh and seasonal.
How many calories are in a Panera Strawberry Poppyseed salad?
Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Salad has only 340 calories and my version has 230 calories. Both are delicious and a great light lunch.
I like to serve mine with a veggie sandwich.
This satisfying salad is downright addictive even at home. I hope you will give my Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe a try.
Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad recipe
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup canned mandarin oranges
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing, recipe link in notes
- Divide the romaine on two plates. Top with the fruit and nuts.
- Drizzle with the homemade Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later!