Mediterranean Chopped Salad is a fresh and vibrant salad with simple ingredients like tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion, olives, and cubed feta over a bed of leafy greens. It has a homemade dressing - vinaigrette that will have your taste buds popping.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Mediterranean Chopped Salad is the kind of recipe you eat over and over again. This fresh salad features easy-to-find veggies that are perfect for summer BUT easy enough to find and enjoy year-round. It's packed with zesty flavor, color, and nutrients!
This really is the ultimate salad when you are looking for a light meal or lunch that you can feel good eating. It all comes together in 10 minutes for a meal everyone will love.
This salad is fabulous for lunch, dinner, or even a surprising side dish. You can also make it ahead for lunch and meal prep.
What is Mediterranean Style Chopped Salad?
Mediterranean Style Chopped Salad is a combination of fresh veggies like crisp cucumber, sweet tomato, and red onion with kalamata olives! I also added chickpeas to my chopped salad for some plant-based protein. The magic ingredient to make it a Mediterranean-style or Greek-style salad is the cubed feta and Healthy Greek Salad Dressing on top.
It's a chopped salad because all of the ingredients are cut into small pieces that are perfect for easy salad eating.Mediterranean Chopped Salad from Running in a Skirt Click To Tweet
- Cucumber: I like using fresh, crisp seedless style or English cucumber for my salads. In addition to not having seeds, the skin is often thinner and it's not bitter.
- Tomato: You can use cherry tomatoes cut in half or regular tomatoes chopped into bite-sized pieces. Either will work!
- Red Onion: I like using a fresh red onion for my salads and dice it into small pieces. I love the flavor of red onion but don't like the bigger chunks.
- Olives: Kalamata olives are the perfect choice for this salad and complement the Mediterranean flavors perfectly.
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are perfect for this Mediterranean Chopped Salad. Just open the can and rinse and drain them well.
- Feta: You can use already crumbled feta BUT I love the texture and flavor of freshly cubed feta cheese for this salad. I feel like it feels a bit more authentic.
- Greens: You can put this salad on any type of greens! I had fresh spinach but chopped romaine, spring mix, or even kale would be yummy. Just be sure to chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Italian Seasoning Blend: I like to add a touch of my homemade Italian Seasoning Blend to bring out the flavors of my salad.
- Salad Dressing: I love using my homemade Greek Salad Dressing for this recipe! If you need to save time your favorite bottle dressing will also work. If I use a bottled dressing, I still like to add a squeeze of fresh lemon to brighten it up!
Mediterranean Salad Dressings to Try:
- Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- Simple Olive Oil, Vinegar & Lemon
- Stonewall Kitchen
- Ken's Steakhouse
How to Make Make Mediterranean Salad:
- Get out all your veggies and wash them.
- Drain your chickpeas and rinse them well.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, feta, and lettuce.
- Put a bed of lettuce on a plate. Line up your veggies and cheese on top.
- Top with Salad Dressing and Italian Spice Mix.
Variations & FAQ
I love this recipe as written but here are some yummy additions!
- Diced Bell Pepper
- Cooked Quinoa or Faro
- Whole Pepperoncini
- Diced Cabbage
- Fresh Herbs - Basil, Parsley or Oregano
How do I store Mediterranean Chopped Salad?
Most salads don't store well but this one does! The cut veggies will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. If you use green like spinach that wilts easily, you will need to add that at the last minute however if you use chopped romaine it will also keep in the fridge for several days. This is actually a great salad to make ahead or for meal prep.
Store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge and add it just before serving.
You'll Love this Mediterranean Chopped Salad!
This Mediterranean Chopped Salad really is the best salad to make for a quick meal. It's light but filling with chickpeas and full of a rainbow of veggies that make you look and feel good. You can't go wrong with this fabulous vegetarian meal.
Serve it With:
This salad is a great stand-alone meal because it has chickpeas BUT if you want something extra with it add one of these!
Mediterranean Chopped Salad from Running in a Skirt Click To Tweet
More Healthy Salads to Love:
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Caprese Grilled Peach Salad
- Rainbow Salad
- Summer Kale Berry Salad
More Healthy Mediterranean Recipes to Love:
- Meditteranean Chickpea Salad
- Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl
- Meditteranean Buddha Bowl
- Meditteranean Quinoa Salad
- Meditteranean Pasta Bake
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Put a bed of your greens on a plate.
- Carefully top it with lines of cucumber, tomato, red onion, chickpeas, olives, and feta.
- Top with salad dressing and sprinkle with Italian Spice Mix.