Need a fast dinner idea that can be made ahead? Try my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe!
I’d like to thank my friends at BRIANNAS Salad Dressings for sponsoring this tasty new breakfast idea! Thank you for considering supporting companies who support Running in a Skirt. As always, all opinions are my own.
I’m finally back home after spending time at a lake house in Maryland with the Hubs family and visiting my Grandmother in Ohio last week. I love to travel, but it always feels good to be home.
In my opinion, one of the best parts about coming back home after a long trip is getting back into the kitchen and creating some tasty food. I enjoy indulging some on vacation without guilt but there is something comforting about coming home to your own meals. Does anyone else feel that way?
In honor of the homecoming I thought I’d share one of my favorite simple meals today to give ME inspiration to get back in the kitchen. In fact my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe is so tasty you just might want to add it to your weekly meal plan too.
Here’s why you have to try my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe…
This meal could not be easier or tastier. Fluffy quinoa, fresh lemon, perfectly ripe veggies and salty feta compliment the easiest grilled shrimp ever.
These shrimp are a breeze to make because I used one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts… BRIANNAS Salad Dressing! The Italian Vinaigrette just happens to be the magic sauce that makes this meal happen in a flash.
This classic dressing uses all the flavors of Italy including beautiful olive oil, vinegar, chopped olives and rich Romano cheese. BRIANNAS Salad Dressing makes such high-quality dressings that taste delightful. I love keeping them in the pantry for when I need a meal in a flash.
The best part about this particular BRIANNAS Salad Dressing is it’s equally as fabulous as a dressing OR a marinade… giving this dressing double duty in this recipe.
The first step in my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe is skewering you shrimp and allowing them to marinade in a pool of BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette. Sure homemade is great, but we all know how busy real life can be so I love this fast swap in the kitchen.
You can even prep the shrimp ahead of time and let them sit for longer to get more flavor.
The next step is cooking your quinoa and preparing the veggies.
All you do is cook your quinoa according to the package. Season the quinoa with salt, pepper, and lemon. While it’s doing it’s thing chop fresh cucumber, tomato, parsley and red onion. Then toss the veggies in more BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette.
The final step in my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe is grilling your shrimp. You can fire up the outside grill, use an indoor one or even just cook these babies in a pan on the oven in the winter.
Next, you just assemble your bowl! If you like things extra saucy feel free to add another drizzle of BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette.
You can even make everything for this meal ahead of time, put the shrimp in the marinade and have your dinner almost ready to go come meal time. You’d just have to grill the shrimp and assemble the bowls when everyone got hungry. This is the meal for busy days. I’ve also made a big batch of all the ingredients for myself to eat for lunch all week.
I know what I’m making for dinner this week and I hope you’ll give this super easy, fresh and DELISH dinner a chance too.
BRIANNAS Salad Dressing
I love BRIANNAS Salad Dressing and know you will too! Their dressings come in 15 unique flavors including Lively Lemon Tarragon, Champagne Vinaigrette, Saucy Ginger Mandarin or Blush Wine Vinaigrette in addition to the tasty ones below.
They are made with love using quality ingredients from a family based company.
- Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Shrimp with Avocado
- Healthy Low Country Style Shrimp Foil Packets
Like my Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers Bowl recipe
- 16 large shrimp, peeled & deviened
- 1 cup BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, halved & sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup feta
- 2 small lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skewer the shrimp on 4 sticks. In a shallow pan or sealable bag cover the shrimp in 3/4 cup of BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette Dressing. Allow the shrimp to marinate for an hour or more.
- Toss the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley and the last 1/4 of the BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette Dressing in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Put in the fridge to also marinade.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the shrimp from the marinade and sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes a side. When they turn pink and curl they are done. Do not overcook.
- While the shrimp are cooking use of the lemons to season the quinoa. Salt and pepper it to taste. Use the other lemon for slices for the bowl.
- Divide the ingredients in four and assemble your bowl as shown in the photos. For extra flavor add another drizzle of BRIANNAS Italian Vinaigrette Dressing. Enjoy!
Head to BRIANNAS Salad Dressing site to check out their amazing flavors! Let me know which ones you’d like to try first.