Looking for a fast and healthy summer dinner? Try my Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe!
My doctors appointment went as expected yesterday! The doctor said it’s slowly healing and I go back in two weeks. Thanks again for all of the well wishes.
As a pescatarian, I’m drawn to seafood dishes almost immediately… but there is something about summer that makes me long for beaches and shellfish. The first few summers the Hubs and I were dating we spent our summers traveling to regional beaches and eating way too much food from the sea. Looking back, it was a really carefree time in my life. Because of those trips shellfish and summer go hand in hand in my mind.
Now of course we still travel… but these days there haven’t been as many lazy beach trips on the books. (Not complaining though… I’ve had some amazing summer adventures.) Because of the shift in our summer plans, I’ve been totally craving shellfish meals at home this summer.
Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe
I went to work and came up with a healthier, pescatarian twist on a low country shrimp bowl… my Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe.
My version doesn’t have sausage or butter but that keeps it light and healthy, making it an easy weekday meal.
To add some extra vitamins I added some green zucchini to the packet, making it a well rounded meal without adding anything else. The simplicity of the shrimp, potatoes and zucchini shine.
The flavor is incredible and comes from classic Old Bay seasoning, garlic, lemon and fresh parsley. You don’t even miss the fat with those flavors.
The entire healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe is only 8 simple ingredients! Can I get a WOOP-WOOP?
Bonus points for this being a foil packet recipe that you can put either on your grill or in the oven. Because the entire meal is in one packet, clean up is so easy. Jeesh… you can even make it in winter if you’d like!
The only catch is you do need to pre cook the potatoes in the microwave for a few minutes before they go in the foil packets. I tried cooking this many ways without that extra step and none of them worked. So make sure you look at the instructions.
You can even make the packets ahead of time and have them ready when 6 o’clock rolls around or guests arrive.
All around this fast, simple and healthy meal is one you will not be able to resist making on repeat.
As always, I’d love for you to try it yourself and let me know what you think.
No Clean Up Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil
- 1/2 pound baby potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 pound raw large or jumbo shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon old bay
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Garnish: more lemon, more Old Bay
- Preheat the oven or grill to 425 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave potatoes for 5-6 minutes until just tender They will finish cooking in the foil..
- Pull out two large pieces of foil... about 18 inches long and spray cooking spray in the center.
- Stack half of the potatoes, zucchini, shrimp and garlic in the middle of each piece of the foil.
- Drizzle each side with olive oil, half of the lemon, salt, pepper and the old bay. Carefully toss.
- Fold each foil packet by pulling the sides up and folding and then sealing the ends.
- Place on the grill or on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes and zucchini are tender.
- Open packets and serve with the fresh chopped parsley, additional Old Bay and addition lemon wedges!
Like this Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
A healthier twist on a low country boil- Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil from Running in a Skirt Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing more from my Switzerland trip… Zermatt and the Enchanting Matterhorn.
Do you make seafood in the summer?
What is your favorite kind of summer trip?
I’m linking up this Healthy Grilled Shrimp in Foil recipe with: Meatless Monday , Meatless Monday, Full Plate Thursday Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!