Hello, summer! This gorgeous Tomato Cucumber and Avocado salad recipe is packed with all the flavor of the season.
Happy Thursday friends!
Asheville is typically a bit cooler than the rest of the South in the summer because of our elevation in the mountains. It's actually unusual for us to get many days hitting 90 degrees. It's a little utopia this time of year.
Even though it's not THAT hot here, I am all about NOT turning on my oven in the summer. I’ll do it, but if I can come up with something yummy to eat that keeps the house cool, I’m game. Bonus points if the recipe doesn’t actually involve cooking, just mixing a bunch of yummy stuff together. This Tomato Cucumber and Avocado salad recipe is ready in a flash and doesn't require you to heat up anything.
Perfect for Summer - Tomato Cucumber and Avocado Salad Recipe
This salad is the epitome of pure summer food. I actually grow cucumbers, tomatoes and dill! I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll be able to whip this up for dinner without even going to the store. If only I could figure out how to grow my own avocadoes in Asheville.
My Tomato Cucumber and Avocado Salad recipe is vegan, but still incredibly tasty. The avocado makes it feel indulgent but is actually filled with all sorts of healthy fats.
You can serve this salad immediately, or let it sit for a few hours to turn into a slightly more pickled consistency. If you are letting it sit too long I wouldn't add the avocado until the last minute becaue it will turn on you.
The dill balances out the flavors perfectly and is light enough for the season.
This simple Tomato Cucumber and Avocado Salad recipe is perfect for even the hottest of hot summer days ahead! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Also, try these summer salads...
Tomato Cucumber and Avocado Salad recipe with Dill
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced & halved (about 2 cups)
- ½ small red onion, cut in half moons
- 1 avocado, cubed
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- garnish: additional dill
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Put all the ingredients on top of the dressing except for the avocado in a bowl and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the avocado.
- Garnish with more dill! Serve immediately. If you want to serve it later leave out the avocado and add just that at the last minute.
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for weekly highlights
Do you like salads without lettuce?
Do you try to avoid turning on the oven when it is really hot?