I’d like to thank my friends at Mirum for sponsoring this post about a delish homemade BBQ shrimp marinade recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
Easy dinners start at home! These easy BBQ Shrimp Skewers are delightfully grilled to perfection and will be a hit with your family.
The Hubs and I have officially broken in the grill for the season! In past years we’ve kept the grill going through winter, but with the twins being born in November we hadn’t used it in MONTHS. It was looking sad and dusty.
Since the boys are getting a little easier (Just a little!) to manage, I’m finally feeling like we have more time to make and actually enjoy our meals which means I’ve been putting extra thought into what I’ve been making on a day to day basis. Some of the meals we are grilling like this one and some are made in the kitchen. Either way, I can’t get enough of EASY recipes like these juicy shrimp kabobs with the easiest BBQ Shrimp Marinade recipe. In fact, I firmly believe that with a little planning anyone can make and eat beautiful and delicious meals most days of the week.
I thought I’d share this delish recipe with you today and a simple way you can simplify your meals at home!
How to make this BBQ shrimp marinade recipe…
Let’s start with these sweet, juicy and delectable shrimp! Don’t ya just want to grab that one off the top?
These shrimp kabobs with the easiest BBQ Shrimp Marinade recipe could not be simpler to make. The hands-on time to make them is less than 30 minutes which is a win in my book.
The homemade BBQ shrimp marinade recipe uses a couple of simple ingredients you already have at home!
Ingredients in this BBQ Shrimp Marinade Recipe
- Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Oil (Vegetable, Avocado or Coconut!)
- Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Ginger
Simply Heinz is fabulous because it’s made with simple ingredients you can pronounce and no artificial sweeteners.
It makes the perfect shortcut and fast base for this tasty BBQ Shrimp Marinade recipe. I have no problems using shortcuts in the kitchen if it means I’m going to be able to actually make a meal. Cooking at home has to be fast, simple and delicious in my busy twin world.
The other stars of the show are FRESH LIME, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
How to Make this BBQ Shrimp Marinade Recipe
There are just a few steps to this recipe making it the perfect family meal for any day of the week.
- Mix the marinade and divide it in half.
- Skewer the shrimp. (Use a grilling basket to make this recipe even faster!)
- Marinade the shrimp in half of the ketchup mixture in the fridge. Save the other half of the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp for 3-5 minutes until pink! (These can be made on the grill outside or a portable indoor grill.)
- Serve with the rest of the sauce.
That’s it! I served these with a bagged salad kit to round out the meal. Easy to make dinner ideas like this aren’t lacking in flavor at all. With a little planning, it’s easy to make a meal that’s bursting with flavor and taste.
In fact, there is a wonderful resource to help you plan your meals at home! The Best Meals Happen at Home Facebook Page is full of recipes that can be made using simple ingredients found at Publix. They publish all sorts of delicious, satisfying and healthy meals I know you will want to try. Follow this page for easy ideas like this one AND be the first to know about exclusive product offers.
A few of the recipes you can find there are…
- Beef Brisket
- Mexican Lasagna Pasta
- Quick Skillet Ziti
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Mac and Cheese with Potato Chip Crumble
All of these meals can be made in less than thirty minutes and are perfect for busy families on the go.
There are also a few fabulous sales happening at Publix right now including a big BOGO bargain on the Simply Heinz Ketchup I used to make this BBQ Shrimp Marinade recipe. Check them out before you do your shopping this week!
- 2 FOR $4 Frontera Cooking Sauce, Assorted Varieties (8 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Hellmann’s Mayonnaise or Maille Mustard (7.3 – 11.5 oz.)
- 2 for $6 – Prego Pasta Sauce (45 oz.)
- 2 For $5 Lay’s Potato Chips (5 – 8 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper or Tuna Helper (5.4 – 7 oz. box)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup (20 oz.)
So start your meal planning with these gorgeous shrimp kabobs and this BBQ Shrimp Marinade recipe. Plus head over to the Best Meals Start at Home Facebook Page to plan your meals for the rest of the week.
I know cooking at home can be hard to get started, but once you do you will love the fresh healthy food you can create!
Also, try these healthy shrimp recipes!
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Zoodles
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Rainbow Vegetables
- No Clean Up Low Country Shrimp Packets
Pin for later
BBQ Shrimp Marinade Recipe
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails left on
- 1/2 cup Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil, (vegetable, avocado, grapeseed or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers; place in a shallow dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients until blended. Pour half the ketchup mixture over shrimp; turn skewers to evenly coat shrimp with ketchup mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate, turning skewers after 15 minutes.
- Heat barbecue to medium heat. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Grill shrimp 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink, turning every 2 minutes. Serve with the remaining ketchup mixture.
Head to the Best Meals Happen at Home Facebook Page and let me know which meals you’d like to try first!