Avocado Pasta is a simple, delicious and healthy. It’s the perfect throw together meal that tastes even better than it looks!
Pasta looks good with a little green. Don’t ya think?
Avocado, lemon and basil all combine to bring the flavors together into smooth and creamy deliciousness.
And garlic. Did I tell you about the garlic?
All you do is boil your pasta and put all the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor. I don’t have a food processor so I used a blender. It takes a little longer in a blender but it works. Make sure to mix it all around often.
(Don’t know how to cut up an avocado? Check out my how-to in my Guacamole for One or Two post)
Put the creamy and dreamy sauce on the pasta, mix in some cheese and voila
Dinner is served!
- 8 oz whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 ripe avocados seeded and peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves additional for garnish
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan additional for garnish
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and leave approximately two tablespoons of pasta water in the pot with the noodles to keep them from sticking and to have moisture with the sauce.
- Combine avocado, basil, lemon. olive oil. garlic, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Combine until smooth.
- Add avocado blend into pot with the pasta. Mix well until all noodles are coated.
- Stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with bail leaves and additional parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Dish will turn brown quickly so plan to eat right after making. Do not plan on having leftovers because it will not keep and reheat well due to the avocado.
What is your favorite way to eat pasta?
I’m a fan of pasta so I like it all ways but a creamy tomato sauce is the best of all worlds really.
Carbs or no carbs?
Carbs. Definitely carbs.