This Fresh & Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe is healthy and light with just the right amount of sweet. It’s great on chips or as a topping for seafood like shrimp or salmon.
Two of my absolute favorite things in the world are fruit and salsa, so it’s no big surprise that I love creating fun and unique twists on fruit salsa (I’m looking at you, Strawberry Salsa). In fact, I’ve passed my love of these fabulous foods to the boys! Hunter has been known to blow through an entire fridge of fruit like water and the first time I gave Jackson a little bowl of salsa to dunk with he insisted on picking it up and drinking it. The love runs deep through this family, my friends.
This Fresh and Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe celebrates those loves with a surprising combination of sweet from blueberry and pineapple and just a touch of spice from fresh jalapenos. Plus all those classic salsa flavors like cilantro and lime.
This healthy summer side dish will have you swooning whether you serve it simply on chips, as an unexpected fruit salad, or even as a fresh topping for seafood like shrimp or salmon.
Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe
Fruit salsa is often made with mango, strawberry, or pineapple but this version takes plump summer blueberries and adds them to the mix. My Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe features ripe berries with tropical pineapple for a dreamy fruit combination. It’s like a summer fruit explosion on a chip.
Basically… this NEEDS to happen in your life!
In addition to the killer flavor combo, Blueberries are a great addition to fruit salsa because they cut down on the prep time. Since they are already bite-sized you don’t have to chop them making the dish a bit easier.
Just add your favorite whole grain chips. 🙂
Ingredients in this Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe
This Easy Blueberry Salsa recipe has just a handful of simple ingredients!
- Blueberries: Use fresh berries for the tastiest salsa.
- Fresh Pineapple: Chop the pineapple into bites about the size as your blueberries.
- Red Onion: A red onion adds a savory taste and bite to the recipe.
- Jalapeno: If you don’t like spice you can either leave this out or remove all the seeds and white part of the jalapeno. If you do like spice chop with the seeds!
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro is the best part of this simple and easy fruit salsa recipe.
- Lime: Use fresh lime for the best results!
- Salt: A dash of salt really brings out the flavors.
Blueberries are a great addition to fruit salsa because they are a superfood! They are low in calories but high in nutrients with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese.
How to make fruit salsa from scratch?
Fruit salsa might seem like a tricky thing to make but it’s super easy to make from scratch. The hardest part about making it is cutting the fruit in small pieces so I recommend good knives and cutting board.
- Cut the pineapple in small pieces. Also, dice the onion, jalapeno, and chop the cilantro.
- Toss the blueberries, pineapple, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, and red onion together.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
This unexpected combination is really the best fruit salsa! I love how the Blueberry Salsa recipe brings out all the flavors of summer.
Is homemade salsa healthy?
Yes! Homemade salsa can actually be really healthy. Both tomato and fresh fruit and filled with vitamins and antioxidants making it a great choice. Serve it with whole-grain chips or even as a topping on seafood or fish like shrimp or salmon for a light and healthy meal.
This Blueberry Salsa recipe is fresh, healthy, and best of all so delicious.
Salsa and fruit lovers get ready to enjoy your new favorite summer recipe! This Blueberry Salsa recipe is simply a flavor popping party in your mouth. I hope you will give it a try.
More Healthy Fruit Salsa Recipes
- Strawberry Salsa
- Watermelon Salsa
- Fresh Cranberry Salsa
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Fresh Peach Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Pomegranate Salsa
More Healthy Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Caprese Salad
- Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad
- Blueberry Pie Overnight Oats
- Healthy Blueberry Crisp
Easy Blueberry Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- Toss the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Salt to taste.
- Serve with chips or as a topping for your favorite seafood like shrimp or salmon.
Pin for later