Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe: The BEST Banana Bread where fresh blueberries shine in this super moist and just sweet enough bread. This healthy Banana Bread features white whole wheat flour and honey instead of sugar.
I was at the store the other day and blueberries were on sale. I love this time of year when you can get fresh, gorgeous berries at such great prices. I bought WAY too many and got home realizing I’d need to add them to some recipes to get through them all. I seriously have trouble containing myself around produce sales! That same week I just so happened to have some bananas that were on their last life… so it’s probably no big surprise on what I decided to make!
Now I’m the first to admit, I’m more of a COOK than a BAKER. I find the process of measuring flour kind of tedious and get annoyed when it gets all over my kitchen BUT sometimes the effort is totally worth it. This is one of those times. This banana bread recipe came out perfect the first try and is SO good. I really think you are going to love this Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread as much as I do!
Here’s why you’ll love this Healthy Banana Bread recipe…
Banana bread is such an easy thing to make. Even if you aren’t much of a baker, it’s a great place to start.
This Healthy Banana Bread recipe is simply perfect because it’s made with white wheat flour and honey instead of refined sugar. It’s moist and DELICIOUS!
The swaps leave the bread a bit better for you and just sweet enough. The honey brings a subtle sweetness that’s easy to love.
The bread is also made sweet from the bananas! The trick is to use bananas that are SUPER ripe. You want them spotted and even starting to turn black.
Even with the honey and bananas… this isn’t the sugary sweet bread you might pick up from your local bakery… in fact, I think it’s better.
The fresh blueberries bake and burst into morsels of nature made sweetness that combines perfectly with the honey. This is simply irresistible and will disappear in no time flat.
I love using those fresh berries in summer but you can get a taste of the season all year long by using frozen blueberries.
What you’ll need to make this Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe…
How to make this Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir both together.
- Pour in a pan and bake!
This Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread is bursting with flavor and perfect for summer! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Love healthy baking? Try these…
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
- Healthy Honey Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
Pin for later!
Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe
- Mixing Bowls
- Loaf Pan
- 1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fork mashed banana, about 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In one bowl mix together the dry ingredients... flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a second bowl mix together the wet ingredients... melted butter (not hot,) mashed banana, honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Pour in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.