Stop what you are doing and make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe!
We had a nice, although rainy, weekend in the mountains. I was able to find just enough time to get my garden and flowers planted for the year. I'll have some pictures to share with you on Friday. The boys are feeling a lot better and so far no one else is sick.
To celebrate I thought I'd share with a recipe I've been hanging onto for a few months for just the right time to post. This is one of those recipes that is almost too good to be true. This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe is so rich and decadent but somehow is magically healthy-ish. It's VEGAN and made with no flour and an entire can of chickpeas... yet still tastes so rich that you'll be wondering how it's even possible.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe
Let's face it, sometimes healthy baking isn't that good. If I try a recipe and would rather just eat the REAL thing, I don't share it with you. This one though is WINNER. It's the kind of recipe where no one would blame you if you dropped what you are doing to go and make these now.
If you aren't familiar with blondies, they are like a rich brownie but without the cocoa powder to make it all chocolate. But don't worry, you still get your chocolate fix with these. The chickpeas make the brownie/ blondie batter taste so rich and fudgy and mini chocolate chips win over the chocoholics.
They don't taste healthy at all... which is a good thing in the baking world!
What's in this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe?
- Chickpeas - also called garbanzo beans
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Milk
- Baking Essentials - baking powder, cinnamon, etc.
How to Make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe!
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe is best made in a high-speed blender or food processor. I have this system that does BOTH and I love it.
- Preheat your oven and spray your pan.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in your blender or food processor.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour in the pan and bake!
- Allow them to cool in the fridge before cutting.
These are easy to make and my only tip is to allow them to cool in the fridge before cutting. They are a bit soft and do best in smaller pieces!
I hope you enjoy this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies recipe as much as I did! If you love them feel free to share this post with your friends.
More healthy baking ideas...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondie recipe
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the edges start to brown and pull away from the pan.
- Allow to cool in the fridge before cutting. Store in the fridge.
Pin for later!