These clean eating, Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins only use the best ingredients!
Alright back to today’s topic. 🙂 Strawberries are my jam. Growing up in Florida I always looked forward to going to the Strawberry festival in Plant City. You could basically eat your heart out with any and every strawberry concoction you’ve ever thought of. Strawberry shortcake, strawberry turnovers, strawberry lemonade and even strawberry muffins. They had it all. And I ate IT ALL.
Now the fair versions of baked goods are pretty awesome, but it’s not something I can eat all of the time now that I’m grown up and care more about what I put in my body. My Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins are a wonderful substitute. Ideal for breakfast or snack and you can actually feel good eating them.
The ingredient list is perfect… whole wheat flour, oats, mashed banana and Greek yogurt.
The are made moist and just a touch sweet with a small amount of coconut sugar and coconut oil.
Most of the sweetness comes naturally from those delightful berries. These are not overly sugary or sweet at all.
My Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins are a fabulous way to use all those beautiful fresh berries that are in the store now. You can make a batch on Sunday and eat them all week.
Once I made my batch, I was instantly transported back to my childhood where I simply could not get enough berries. The only problem is it’s hard to stop at just one.
Come to think of it, some things never change. I’m still a berry-a-holic!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 small over-ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cut coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced strawberries divided
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease or put muffin liners in a 12-count muffin tin.
- Whisk the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a second bowl mix the Greek yogurt, egg, banana, coconut oil and vanilla together.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet. Mix well. Batter will be very thick.
- Carefully fold in all but a handful of the strawberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tin. Arrange the remaining berries on the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Like it? I’d love for you to pin my Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins to your favorite Pinterest board. Thank you so much for the support.
So nice to see you today! Tomorrow for Fashion Friday.
Do you like your baked good super sweet?
Do you look forward to strawberry season?