Have a bunch of nearly ruined bananas? You've got to try my Healthy Banana Bread Bars recipe! It's dairy free and has no added sugar.
Our family is on team banana. I buy a big bunch every time I got to the store. I know I'll eat most of them, but I purposely let some get those pretty looking spots on them for recipes. Some of them I'll freeze for smoothies like my Healthy Banana Pudding Smoothie or Green Detox Smoothie. Others I'll wait until they are just about ready to spoil to make muffins, cookies or no bake bites. Every once in a while I buy way too many and end up with a whole bunch that's about to go bad. This Healthy Banana Bars recipe comes from those moments. It uses no short than FIVE bananas that are on their last leg.
My Healthy Banana Bars recipe is super simple to throw together. It uses pantry staples like whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. I also used eggs and coconut oil to get the right consistency.
I did add a nice portion of chocolate chips, but other than that there is no added sugar. The bananas sweetness speaks for themselves. The longer you let your bananas sit, the sweeter they get!
Once you mix up the batter you pour it onto a study sheet pan. These Healthy Banana Bread Bars cook up quickly.
You can then cut them in either bites, squares or bars.
They have the perfect consistency and are a great snack! They aren't uber sweet either... just enough to hit that sweet tooth without it being too much. They taste delightful bars of rich banana bread that's actually pretty good for you.
If you do like a sweeter version, you can use a half cup of flour less and replace that with a half cup of coconut sugar. It's up to you how healthy you want to go with this!
Either way these bars are the perfect way to use that extra bunch of bananas. It gives them a whole new life.
Just don't be surprised if you start buying extras just for them to purposefully almost spoil for this recipe!
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Healthy Banana Bread Bars
- 5 bananas, very ripe!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 15x10.5 cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas and then mix in the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until well combined. I used an electric mixer.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the banana mixture while still stirring. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into squares to serve. Store in the fridge.
- No Bake Banana Bread Energy Bites
- Chunky Monkey No Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy Honey Cinnamon Banana Bread Bites
- Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
- Clean Eating 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
Like my Healthy Banana Bread Bars? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing March's Currently...
Do you buy bananas just to use them for recipes like this?