Get a natural energy boost with my clean eating No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe!
Tax season is officially over and now I'm getting ready for a couple of months of pretty frequent travel. With all that travel, I've been brainstorming ways to stay healthy while I'm gone... so much so that yesterday's post was all about it! The last thing I need to catch a bug in the middle of all this!
One thing I've been doing is thinking about different healthy snacks I can make to carry with me, so I resist the urge to eat airport convenience food. I'm all about enjoying whatever food my destination is known for while I'm there... but when I'm in transit I'd rather keep it healthy. With my recent trips to Washington, DC and Dayton, Ohio I was shocked at the lack of decent choices in the airport. The airport food in Atlanta was awful! But that's a subject for another day...
Luckily my No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe will be perfect for a spring/summer take along food for my travels... and hopefully yours too!
No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe
These babies are full of natural energy from oats and bananas. I also added some coconut flakes for additional flavor and tropical thoughts. Plus you satisfy that sweet tooth with just a few dark chocolate chips.
This No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together! They also are a great way to use up those overripe bananas when you don't have time to actually bake.
Ingredients for this No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe...
Most of these ingredients for this No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe are probably already in your pantry.
You can also easily make these gluten-free by using gluten-free oats! If you need or want to make this vegan or dairy-free you can switch out to these chocolate chips. If you have a peanut allergy feel free to use another nut or seed butter like this almond butter.
How to make these no bake balls...
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form into balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet to firm up in the fridge.
- Once they set, transfer and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you need a new set of Tupperware, I love THIS one.
I'm off to pack now! I have to pack for two trips by the end of the day. I'm leaving for the Abacos tomorrow and get back Wednesday... then go to Chicago for a blog trip Thursday -Friday!
And oh yes... happy non-baking! I hope you enjoy my delightful No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe!
Love no bake bites? Try these too!
- No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Bites
- No Bake Chunky Monkey Energy Bites
- No Bake Apple Pie Bites
- 4 Ingredient Nutella Energy Bites
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this No Bake Banana Bread Bites recipe to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for your support.
Clean Eating No Bake Banana Bread Bites
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients until completely combined.
- Roll into small ping pong sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. Allow to firm up in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once firm, transfer to an airtight container for storage. Keep in the fridge.
This post does contain Amazon affiliate links.
Do you have any favorite travel snacks?