This super tasty 5 Ingredient No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe features red cranberries and green pistachios for the perfect festive and healthy Christmas snack.
We are back from Thanksgiving at Hilton Head Island. I'm putting together some highlights to share with you on Friday but today I have a brand spankin' new holiday recipe to share with you. This No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe is ONLY 5 Ingredients and perfectly festive with red and green for Christmas!
These bites are so good! They are sweet from dates, tart from cranberries and salty from good old pistachios. I think you are going to LOVE them.
Why you'll love this 5 Ingredient No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe...
Sure I love holiday cookies as much as the next girl, but with the hectic holiday season, I need something to actually nourish my body during the day and give me some nutrients and energy.
That's why I made this No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe. It's filled with goodness like oatmeal, dates and chia seeds! The festive coloring is all-natural and comes from green pistachios and dried cranberries.
Sure... you could use almonds but I love the green color of the pistachios and all of the health benefits you get from eating them. Pistachios are high in protein, fiber, AND antioxidants making them a great superfood.
Did you also know that pistachios are one of the most vitamin B-6 rich foods you can get! Vitamin B-6 helps with blood sugar regulation that can help you stay full in between meals.
With only 5 Ingredients I wanted to get you the most bang for your bite and these DELIVER!
Ingredients in this No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe
- Chia Seeds
Seriously! Only 5!
How to make my No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites recipe
Making these healthy superfood bites could not be easier! Instead of blitzing it all together in a food processor, I make these in a few steps so you have a dough to form a ball but still some visible pieces of cranberry and pistachio.
- Soak your dates and save the water.
- Mix together the dates, chia seeds, and water in a food processor and blend until you get a paste.
- Add the oatmeal and mix until you get a paste but leave some oats visible.
- At the end add the pistachios and cranberries. Finish mixing in the food processor just enough to combine them. Leave lots of peices you can see. 🙂
If you are in the market for a food processor, I LOVE my Ninja Mega Kitchen System which as a food processor and several types of blender attachments. It would make a perfect Christmas gift!
(Amazon affiliate link! I make a small commission on purchases.)
I hope you'll give this No Bake Holiday Superfood recipe a try! It's the perfect snack you need to get you through all that holiday shopping.
Love healthy no bake energy bites? Also try....
- Peppermint Fudge Energy Bites
- Gingerbread Energy Bites
- 4 Ingredient Nutella Fudge Energy Bites
- No Bake Apple Pie Bites
- Pumpkin Pie No Bake Energy Bites
Pin for later...
socialpug_tweet tweet="So good! 5 Ingredient No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites from Running in a Skirt" display_tweet="5 Ingredient No Bake Holiday Superfood Bites"]
5 Ingredient Holiday Superfood Bites
- Cover the dates with water and allow to soak for 20 minutes. Drain but reserve a ¼ cup of the water for the bites.
- Add the dates, chia, and water to a food processor and blend until the dates form a paste. Add the oats and blend until you get a dough. Leave some of the oat pieces intact.
- Then add the cranberry and pistachios to the food processor and pulse until combined. You don't want to over-process them though. Leave some larger pieces.
- Form into balls and set on a cookie sheet. Allow the bites to set in the fridge.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
What's your favorite holiday recipe to make?
How was your Thanksgiving?