Bring on apple season with my No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe!
No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bites
These No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bites are perfect for the transitional season. It's still strangely warm in the mountains (80's all weekend!) but I'm still starting to bring more fall food in the house. I made a batch of Easy Pumpkin Pancakes and these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups and now I'm feeling all things apple. I'm a huge apple fan and eat at least a few a week year-round. In the fall I love to go to our local apple farms and pick a big bag to munch on and cook with. I honestly probably enjoy the flavor just as much as pumpkin - crazy I know!
Since I'm in desperate need of easy snacks in my life right now I decided to make a new batch of energy bites with an apple theme! They turned out amazing and my No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe was born. I have a feeling y'all are going to like it too!
Healthy No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bites recipe
I wanted to make this No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe with fresh apple, but there was just too much moisture in them to make an energy bite work. So instead of fresh I decided to try dried apples! I looked for some with nothing added to them... just plain dried apple.
The dried apples concentrated sweetness added so much flavor to these snack bites.
For more substance and protein I also almonds and old-fashioned oatmeal. The additional texture and sweetness comes from dried dates.
Don't they look like little bites of apple pie perfection???
To bring out the apple pie flavor I used spices like cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and cloves. If you happened to have an apple pie spice blend in your pantry you can use that too. The apple pie flavor is downright perfection.
This No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe comes together easily. The balls roll together without much work. I do like to pop mine in the fridge for at least a half hour to let them firm up, but I wouldn't blame you if you snuck a bite!
This No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe is the perfect fall snack! They are easy to make and store wonderfully in the fridge for the next time your hunger pains hit. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Love no bake energy bites? Also try...
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- Peppermint Fudge Energy Bites
- Gingerbread Energy Bites
- Banana Bread Energy Bites
- Chunky Monkey Energy Bites
Find it later? Pin this No Bake Apple Pie Bites recipe here!
No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bites recipe
- Soak the dates in water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside water.
- In a food processor combine the dates, dried apples, raw almonds, old-fashioned oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and cloves. If it needs a touch of moisture to make the dough add a couple drops of water from the dates. Add as little as possible to get the food processor moving.
- Form the dough into 10-12 bites. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What's your favorite fall flavor?
What did you do this weekend?