My Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix are the perfect 4 ingredient fall breakfast or brunch recipe. These classic and easy pancakes are fluffy and cozy with your favorite box mix, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice mix. This family-friendly recipe is one both kids and adults love.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix
Did you know it's crazy easy to make Pumpkin Pancakes with pancake mix? This 4 ingredient recipe is a go-to fall breakfast recipe that my family makes on repeat in the season. I promise you'll be shocked at the super fluffy pumpkin pancake recipe that comes out of this easy pancake recipe from a box. They are perfectly pumpkin, fall-ish, fluffy, and soft pumpkin pancakes.
Sunday is pancake day in our house. My husband is actually in charge of mixing and cooking them and is quite the pancake pro. In the past year, the twins have joined him by helping him pour the ingredients into a bowl and stir. It's pretty darn adorable. So join us in making these delish pancakes this fall!
These come together in around 15 minutes and use pantry-friendly ingredients you already having including pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Plus if you are vegan, gluten-free or even paleo, keep reading for my swaps to make this recipe in your certain diet.Pumpkin Pancakes from Pancake Mix! Includes vegan, paleo and gluten free versions! Click To Tweet
Why You'll Love These Easy Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix...
These Easy Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix are so easy to love. In today's busy world with so little time to do anything, it's nice to have some recipes that are quick and forgiving. In fact, I have no problem using some kitchen shortcuts including using pancake mix.
You'll be surprised that how good these taste even though they use the shortcut of using that pancake mix.
Which Pumpkin Pancake Mix?
I used Aunt Jemima Original COMPLETE Pancake Mix (now Pearl Milling Company Complete Pancake Mix) to create this recipe however any complete pancake mix will work. You just need to make sure your mix is the "complete" type which you just need to add water to. Here are some suggestions for mixes.
- Pearl Milling Company Complete Pancake Mix
- Krusteaz Complete Pancake Mix
- Hungry Jack Complete Pancake Mix
- Birch Blenders Pancake and Waffle Mix <---Healthy High Protein Option
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancakes <--- Another Healthy High Protein Option
If you are using a pancake mix that's not complete you can still make this recipe. Just follow the package instructions on the box for any milk or eggs needed and then add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin:
Did you know that adding pumpkin puree to your pancakes is not only super tasty but adds some nutritional value to them! Pumpkin is super nutritious low in calories and high in vitamin A. Pumpkin is also full of antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C and Potassium.
It is not only a fun fall flavor but super good for you too.
- Pancake Mix: Look for your favorite COMPLETE pancake mix for this recipe. The type that calls for just adding water. I tested the recipe with this one.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix which is already full of sugar and seasonings.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I like to keep my own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand. Feel free to blend your own or buy your favorite Pumpkin Pie Spice from the store.
- Vanilla Extract: My husband always adds a nice splash of vanilla to his pancakes and we love the flavor. You can easily make these 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes and leave it out.
- Water: Since you are using the complete pancake mix you will just need to add water to get the mix into a batter.
Toppings for Pumpkin Pancakes:
You can serve them plain- they are good enough to eat by themselves - OR stack them with your favorite pancake toppings. Here are some ideas. Some are healthier than others. 🙂
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Slice Apples <---Healthy Choice!
- Greek Yogurt <--- Healthy Choice!
- Powdered Sugar & Cinnamon
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix:
Whether you are looking to make pancakes with Aunt Jemina (now Pearl Milling) or another mix, here's how to do it!
- Using a measuring cup, measure your ingredients. In a large bowl whisk together the water, complete pancake mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice mix, and vanilla. Don't overmix the batter. Once it's mixed allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, skillet or griddle to medium heat to medium-low. Spray with a cooking spray or coat with butter.
- Pour the pancake batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. You will know when it's time to flip when the edges look cooked and the center starts to bubble. When you see the bubbles it's time to flip.
- Flip and finish cooking. Repeat until you finish the batch.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
Variations or Substitutions
I love this Pumpkin Pancake with pancake mix recipe as written, but here are some fun variations!
- Add chocolate chips to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
- Add your favorite chopped nuts.
- Add extra cinnamon to bring out the cinnamon flavor.
- Add granola to the mixture to make them crunchy!
Can I make these gluten-free, paleo or vegan?
YES! Just swap out your complete pancake mix.
- Make them Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes by using THIS pancake mix.
- Make them Paleo by using THIS pancake mix.
- Make them Vegan by using THIS pancake mix. Most complete pancake mixes are NOT Vegan. They contain dried milk and eggs, so make sure to check the labels if you follow that diet.
How do I store leftover pancakes?
I doubt you will have leftovers BUT store any you have by wrapping them in plastic wrap and putting them in the fridge. They will keep for about 3 days.
Can I make these Pumpkin Pancakes ahead of time?
Although these pancakes taste the best fresh, you can make them ahead of time. You can reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven.
Can I freeze these?
You can freeze individual pancakes after preparing them. Just wrap them individually and put them in an airtight freezer container. They will keep for up to three months.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix: A Family Favorite!
I hope you enjoy these easy Pumpkin Pancakes with pancake mix. They are truly a tried and true family favorite of ours. These are simple enough for anyone to make and use things you probably already have sitting around the cupboard! Happy cooking.
Serve it With:
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Crock Pot Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Vegetable Sheet Pan Frittata
- Vegetarian Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Mushroom, Feta, and Kale Crustless Quiche
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
More Healthy Pancake Recipes to Love:
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the complete pancake, water, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Stir until well combined but don't overmix. Let batter sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium-low heat. Spray with cooking spray or coat with butter.
- Pour the pumpkin pancake batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the center is bubbly and the edges are just starting to cook. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pancake toppings.
Pin for later...