This is the perfect vegetarian breakfast casserole to feed a crowd. Whether for a holiday or a casual Saturday, you will love this Vegetarian Crockpot Breakfast Casserole that you can set overnight. Wake up in the morning to a delightful brunch that is already cooked!
For several years in a row, I had a house full of family for Thanksgiving. Most of the crowd was also staying with us for several days, so I had to think about what to feed people for more than just the Thanksgiving meal. That is where this beautifully easy and delicious vegetarian breakfast casserole comes into play. It is a perfect vegetarian crockpot recipe because you put it together the night before, and in the morning you have a perfectly cooked complete crowd-pleasing meal that tastes amazing. It is hearty enough for the meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike.
Vegetarian Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
It is going to be on my menu the next time I host AND possibly even make an appearance on Christmas morning.
To make my Vegetarian Crockpot Breakfast Casserole you start by cutting up a few vegetables.
You then layer in your crock pot the potatoes.
Then add the peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Next up is the cheese!
You repeat those three layers twice and then whisk together a simple egg and milk mixture. Then pour the eggs on top of all the superbly breakfast-y goodness.
You turn the crock pot on and sleep blissfully overnight knowing you and your guests are waking up to a really yummy and veggie-packed breakfast.
You scoop out the vegetarian crockpot creation and the beautiful layers are still in place. Serve with fruit, pastries, coffee, and juice.
I mean seriously guys! It is so pretty, so good and so easy. This vegetarian crockpot breakfast casserole will quickly become a family hit! Enjoy.Perfect for a crowd! #Vegetarian #CrockPot Breakfast Casserole
- Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole (a similar recipe that cooks in the oven instead of the Crock Pot)
- Crock Pot Pumpkin French Toast
- Kale, Mushroom and Feta Crustless Quiche
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
Pin for later…
This is the perfect vegetarian breakfast casserole to feed a crowd. Whether for a holiday or a casual Saturday, you will love this vegetarian crock pot breakfast that you can set overnight. Wake up in the morning to a delightful brunch that is already cooked
- 32 oz bag frozen hash browns
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 8 oz sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 16 oz shredded Colby cheese
- 6 green onions sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cut any really large portobello pieces in half or thirds. Keep all pieces 1/2 inch or less.
- Reserve 1/4 of the green onions for garnish.
- Spray large crock pot with a non-stick spray
- Put half of the frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer in half of the green peppers, Portobello mushrooms and the remaining green onions.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Repeat the three layers for the second time.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the mixture on the top of the casserole.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, or until eggs are set.
- Serve with remaining green onions for garnish!
What is your favorite breakfast food?