A Rainbow Fruit Salad is the perfect way to enjoy beautiful summer fruit. Amp up a classic fruit salad by turning it into my Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe!
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Growing up fruit salad always seemed like a fresh summer treat. My Mom would fill a bowl with berries, melon, and if we were lucky fresh kiwi... which seemed quite exotic back in the day. She topped it off with orange juice and just before serving would slice a fresh banana on the top. As a life long fruit lover, fruit salad day was ALWAYS a good day.
I still love her classic fruit salad recipe but decided to change up the classic recipe for something that suits my tastes more these days. This Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe is perfectly picked to create a gorgeous natural rainbow. A Rainbow Fruit Salad would be great on its own BUT the simple honey lime dressing is the perfect compliment. The fresh mint takes the entire recipe over the top.
Here's why you'll love this Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe...
I seriously cannot get enough of finding ways to eat the rainbow these days. I love red strawberries, orange mandarins, yellow pineapple, green kiwi, and blue/ purple blueberries. The flavors and textures in these fruits are simply irresistible.
This combination of flavors and colors really makes an irresistible summer salad.
If you haven't added mint to your fruit salads yet, start NOW! The fragrant herb just screams summer and is the perfect complement to dress up fruit. It takes what could be a boring dish to the next level. I have a mint plant growing in my garden and it's come back year after year. If you have a green thumb at all, I highly recommend investing in one.
Ingredients in this Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe:
- Rainbow Fruit: You can pick your favorites but I went with red strawberries, oranges, yellow pineapple, green kiwi, and blueberries.
- Honey: A little fresh honey goes a long way to add some pizzaz to this salad.
- Lime: Adding fresh lime to the fruit salad really brings out the flavors.
- Fresh Mint: Splurge on the fresh mint for this salad.
How to Make a Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe...
- Cut your fruit into even bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in the honey and lime.
- Top with the mint.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe is such a yummy combination of flavors. It takes your favorite fruit salad to a whole new level. As always give it a try and let me know what you think!
Other healthy fresh fruit recipes...
- Watermelon Blueberry & Feta Salad
- Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
- 5 Ingredient Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Cucumber Watermelon Strawberry Salad
Pin for later...
Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ pineapple, cubed
- 2 mandarin oranges or cuties, segmented & cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- fresh mint, chopped
- Toss all the fruit together in a large bowl. Top with the honey and lime juice and carefully toss until coated.