Move over packaged granola! You've got to try my Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe.
I started making my own granola last year in a Crock Pot (I use this one) and haven't looked back since. I started with a traditional Almond, Vanilla and Cranberry combo and then moved onto a cute Christmas Granola. Both of those seemed well received by you guys, so this year I decided to expand my Crock Pot Granola repertoire with a Pumpkin Spice version!
After a few tests, my Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe could NOT be easier or tastier!
I know the world seems to be on a bit of a pumpkin spice overload lately... but this is the real deal. It tastes good, the flavors actually fit into the granola well and it's made with actual pumpkin.
I'm not obsessed with pumpkin spice, but when it makes sense like this, I'm ALL IN. And you should be too!
The flavor comes from some good old fashioned pumpkin pie spice and real pumpkin puree, which is a must have in the kitchen this time of year. I put it in my smoothies, overnight oats or even these No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bites.
The whole thing comes together with only 8 simple ingredients, which makes it such a fast recipe. The only trick is to leave the Crock Pot lid slightly cracked when cooking so the moisture will escape and the granola will not be soggy.
I thought about adding some cranberry to the mix to add color, but at the end of the day I wanted to keep more with the traditional pumpkin flavors. Instead I did real pumpkin puree, pecans and pumpkin seeds... which are all so authentically pumpkin spice.
And by golly... my Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe turned out so perfect! I can't wait for you to try it.
Like my Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Mix together the egg whites, honey, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and optional salt.
- Pour the egg mixture over the oatmeal, pecans and pumpkin seeds. Fold together until it's all well coated.
- Cook in a crock pot on high for 2-3 hours leaving the lid slightly cracked so the moisture can escape. That will keep the granola from being soggy.
- Pour the granola on a foil lined sheet pan to cool and dry. The granola will continue to firm up on the sheet pan.
Thanks for stopping by today!
What's your favorite kind of pumpkin spice treat?