Bring on fall! My Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe is perfect for the season.
It seems like pumpkin mania is hitting the world earlier and earlier each year, so I decided to not add to the chaos and hold out on sharing new fall recipes this year until the season actually changed. Your welcome :-). Since fall officially started this past weekend though, (which I celebrated by going to the beach - haha!) I decided I couldn't wait any longer and it was finally the perfect time to bust out my first pumpkin-themed recipe of the year. I love pumpkin flavors as much as anyone BUT I really need to wait until I've squeaked out every last bit of summer and the weather starts to cool a bit before it feels right to me.
Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
I've been to the beach one last time AND our high temp is only 68 today in the mountains so it's TIME and I dare say this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe was worth the wait!
Here's my you'll love my Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe...
This Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe is too easy and tasty! It's basically like baked oatmeal but in a muffin form making it easier to portion and totally portable. I love that you can make these on Sunday and Monday and enjoy them all week long. They are such a fabulous make-ahead breakfast.
This Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe is not a sweet dessert but more of a healthy breakfast with just enough sweetness to satisfy that pumpkin spice craving. It's made with oats, egg, real pumpkin puree, and spices.
The sweetness comes from a small amount of maple syrup and of course the chocolate chips! They are overly sweet or sugary, which is what I'm looking for in a healthy breakfast or snack. If you want a more indulgent version you could add some coconut or brown sugar to the mix. 🙂 I promise not to judge.
The cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice smell amazing when they are baking too. The whole house smells blissfully like fall.
The only problem is you're probably going to want to eat the whole batch! I enjoyed two at a time though with a side of eggs for extra protein. It's the perfect breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe as much as I do. Happy cooking!
Love healthy pumpkin recipes? Also try...
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats
- No Bake Healthier Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Fudge
Like my Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe? Pin for later!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-count muffins pans with cooking spray.
- Mix the oatmeal, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk. Stir well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Carefully divide the mixture into the 12 muffins containers. A mini ice cream scoop can help. The batter will not rise.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When you pull the muffins out, run a knife around the sides of the muffins to keep them from sticking!
When do you eat your first pumpkin thing of the year?