Ever had a breakfast cookie???!!! You are going to LOVE my Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe!
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. The Hubs was out of town last week and got back home on Saturday, so I am thrilled to be back to life as normal. This week is all about getting ready for the boy's birthday party this weekend! They will be one on Thursday which feels absolutely crazy.
With a busy week ahead eating on the go is even more important. Have you guys ever had a breakfast cookie? They look like cookies but are hidden with all sorts of nourishing superfoods like whole oats, pumpkin seeds, cranberry and chia seeds. My version even has pumpkin in it! In fact, this Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe is the perfect way to start your day.
Why you'll love this Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe...
YES! These delightful creations could totally pass for a quick, healthy meal. You will love them because they are easy to make, filling and packed with energy-boosting goodness.
The boys are still too young to eat these BUT these would be a great snack to give to older kids on the go. It also goes great with a bowl of creamy yogurt if you have time to sit down.
Now, these cookies aren't super sweet... in fact, they only have a ¼ cup of honey in the entire recipe. They are naturally slightly sweet but don't give you that too much sugar in the morning feeling. They aren't traditional cookies at all and you can feel good eating them.
I love the way the oats, seeds, and cranberries come together for a delightful texture.
What's in my Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe?
This Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe is filled with tasty ingredients you probably already have! Who wants to have to rush to the store for hard to find stuff??
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Dried Cranberry
- Coconut Oil
- Pumpkin Pie Spice <--- adds great flavor!
How to make my Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe...
Making these cookies is super simple! My only trick is to have a ¼ measuring cup to get the right amount of the mixture to form the cookie.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Form the oatmeal mixture into cookies. They remain the same shape during baking so make them look like cookies. 🙂
- Cool and serve.
This tasty Pumpkin Superfood Cookies recipe is the perfect breakfast cookie to start your day! Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Pin for later!
Pumpkin Superfood Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave the coconut oil and honey in 10-second increments until it turns liquidy enough to mix together. Allow to cool enough to where you will not cook the eggs by adding them.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a ¼ cup form the mixture into flat cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and store in the fridge.
What's your favorite portable breakfast?