Satisfy your pumpkin cravings this fall with these 3 ingredients pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. All you need are simple pantry ingredients – pumpkin puree, cake mix, and chocolate chips – for the easiest pumpkin muffins you will ever make!
So today’s recipe is so simple, I almost feel crazy calling it a recipe. Let’s just say it’s more of a life hack I think everyone should know.
It all breaks down to this though, you only need three ingredients to make these super yummy 3 ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins. And they taste even more pumpkin-y delightful than they look.
The secret is kind of similar to my Black Bean Brownies hack <— If you don’t know this one you MUST check it out. The hubs actually requests these ALL the time.
I’ll leave it up to you whether or not you share OUR little secret with the masses.
Why You’ll Love These 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- These muffins are made with only 3 ingredients – spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin puree, and of course the chocolate chips.
- Let’s be honest, most of us are all too busy to make stuff from scratch ALL the time and sometimes a nice little shortcut can really help. You could take these to a party or even serve them when company is in town.
- I’m especially a fan because these are three items you can just keep in your pantry that will not perish. That way you can make these even in a pinch. Ya know… when someone just shows up at your door OR you get invited to a last-minute house party.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Ingredients
- Pumpkin puree
- Spice cake mix: You can use a yellow or white cake mix instead, but you’ll want to add in 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Chocolate chips: I like using dark chocolate chips as it helps to balance out the sweetness from the cake mix, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer.
How Do You Make 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins?
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree and cake mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, evenly distribute the batter in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Are pumpkin muffins healthy?
While there is regular ole flour and sugar in the cake mix, the pumpkin itself has some redeeming health qualities like vitamins and antioxidants. I’d say these little yummy bites are all part of living in balance.
Now, let’s be frank… I’d definitely consider these muffins more of a dessert/cupcake like treat than a fulfilling breakfast, but they absolutely hit that pumpkin chocolate chip craving I get so often this time of year.
The Hubs and I devoured these as post-dinner treats.
This little 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe/ life hack was just too easy not to share. Now go start your oven and make sure to let me know how they turn out.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Fluffy Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread
- Pumpkin Superfood Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 18.25 ounce box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips, plus additional to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin pan (or 2 6 count ones) with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, spice cake mix together in a bowl. The mixture will be very thick, but it will eventually mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, evenly distribute the batter in the muffin pan. Sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- I tested with mini dark chocolate chips, but any style will work!
- You can use a yellow or white cake mix instead, but you'll want to add in 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.